No matter what the Wacaco Minipresso is going to be an impressive espresso maker and it is worth looking at if you want something that is travel-friendly. This just doesn’t give you the ease of moving around with your trusted machine, but it also has a good design and you can make a good cup of espresso wherever you are. You no longer need to worry about getting your coffee fix while you are traveling, especially to an unknown area since you can bring this machine along.
Keep reading on to find out more about this machine and what we thought about it, including the materials that you are going to need, the specifications, pros, cons and much more so you can be fully informed before you make the decision regarding which one to purchase.
- No battery/electricity need. Manual operation only! Compact, lightweight and versatile, you may use any variety of coffee bean/roast, which will give you more flexibility in trying new flavors.
- Need to add the boiling water! Minipresso GR is your best choice to enjoy up to 50 ml of authentic espresso at home, in the office and on the go.
- Simple to operate! Add ground coffee to the filter basket with the help of the integrated scoop. Apply slight pressure to level the grind. Add hot water into the water tank. Finally unlock from its travel position the piston and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract perfect espresso with generous crema.
- If you have any problem with our products or need help, please feel free to contact us through Amazon. We will respond you in time and give you a satisfactory solution.
- Note: Accessories are sold separately! Enhance your Minipresso to get the most from it. Enjoy longer espresso, up to 100ml, and protect it from scratches. You can purchase accessories separately from our store.
What to Know About the Wacaco Minipresso
If you are one of those people who are always traveling but love their coffee and espresso, then the Wacaco Minipresso might be perfect for you. This is going to be extremely lightweight and you can operate it without having to use electricity, which means that you can use this wherever you are going.
This is made from a well-known brand and the design is simple, yet elegant, which means you can simply store it away in your bag while you aren’t using it or while you are traveling. There are also a few different models that you need to be aware of so that you can pick the one that would fit your needs, including:
Ensure that you are comparing all of these since there are a few differences, but the major one is that the GR doesn’t allow for the user of pods, but the NS and CA do.
Process to Use YourWacaco Minipresso
You are going to want to know what the process is to use your Wacaco Minipresso before you buy anything, especially if you are comparing models. You are going to want to make sure that you have a finely ground textured coffee ready that you can put into the machine, but ensure that you are reading the instruction manual beforehand.
You should make sure that you are ready and that you have everything at hand before you start using this machine. This is going to be a completely manual process and you need to know what you should do, including putting your chosen fine ground coffee beans into the machine’s filter basket before placing it on top of the body. Screw the extraction head-on while keeping the entire body vertical and then place hot water into the cup on the bottom before carefully screwing it all together.
Next, you need to make sure that your cup is at the ready and you should have it there in place before you start pumping the machine. You need to unlock the pump by twisting it and then flipping the entire machine upside down and start to pump it while holding the head directly over the cup. After around 10 pumps you are going to see the brew starting to come out and you need to keep doing this until your cup is full, which will take some 40 or 50 pumps in total.
- Best Ground Coffees In 2020
- Best Decaf Coffee In 2020
- Best Coffee For Cold Brew In 2020
- Best Coffee On Amazon In 2020
- Best Organic Coffees In 2020
- Best Bizzy Organic Coffee In 2020
- Best Espresso Coffees In 2020
- Best K Cup Coffees In 2020
- Best Coffee Liqueur In 2020
- Best Kona Coffees In 2020
Materials Needed for a Wacaco Minipresso
You are probably wondering just what materials you are going to need to have handy when you are using the Wacaco Minipresso and there aren’t many. The cup is attached to the machine, which means you don’t have to worry about carrying one around that will be too big. Here are a few of the top materials to have available, including:
- Beans – You need to have a dark roasted bean ready that you can use and it can be whole or pre-ground based on your desires. Make sure that you are picking one that is perfect for espresso and that you love it.
- Grinder – If you aren’t purchasing the pre-ground coffee beans, then you are going to want to ensure that you have a grinder with you. There are plenty of small options that would be perfect for you to carry along with this machine so that you can grind them fresh and enjoy a delicious cup of espresso no matter where you are.
- Filtered water – With this machine you definitely don’t want to be using tap water, especially when you are traveling. This is why you want to make sure that you are using filtered water or even distilled water to keep the machine operating smoothly. It is important that you are using this type of water, especially when you are outdoors to keep yourself and others from getting sick.
- Additional cups – For those who are going to be making more than one cup of espresso at a time, then you can get additional cups. You can purchase these separately or if you want ones that stacked on top of one another, then you can get them from the brand. Think about how many people you are going to be making espresso for and then decide if you need more cups.
- Extra tank – If you want to have a larger capacity, then there are extra tanks that you can purchase from the brand. This would allow you to have a water capacity of around 120 ml and it would give you another extra cup. This would make it easier for you to make more than one cup right after another, so make sure to think about this, especially if you want to have a longer espresso.
Specifications, Pros, and Cons of the Wacaco Minipresso
One of the things that you need to know about the Wacaco Minipresso are the specifications and it has 8 bars of pressure, a water reservoir with a 2.35-ounce capacity, 0.28 portafilter capacity and it weighs 0.8 pounds while measuring 6.89 x 2.75 x 2.36 inches in size. This machine has a 1-year warranty and the size means that it is perfect for traveling when you going out and about or even on holiday and don’t want to miss out on your normal cuppa.
There are going to be good and bad things about every machine that you are using, but you should be aware of what they are before you make the final choice. Here are a few of the pros and cons that you need to be aware of when it comes to this machine, such as:
The more you know about this machine, then the easier it will be for you to decide if this is going to fit the needs that you might have, especially when you are looking for something that you can carry around with you. These are all important things to consider and knowing the pros and cons will help you to decide what option would be the best for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you are doing the research about whether or not the Wacaco Minipresso is going to work for your coffee needs there are going to be some questions that you want to know the answers to. Some of the top questions that you are going to need to be aware of the answers include the following:
- What would I get in the box when I order?
There are plenty of pieces that you are going to get in the box after you receive your order, including the espresso cup or cap, extraction head, filter basket, the body with a lever, coffee scoop, water compartment, cleaning brush, stickers, and instruction manual and a travel bag. Make sure that you know what should be in the box to ensure that you are getting everything.
- Can this machine make more than a single shot every time?
No. When you are using this machine you are going to have to make only 1 shot at a time. If you want to make more, then you are going to have to re-do the entire process, which means cleaning up the machine between uses to ensure that no grounds get stuck or reused.
- Can the ESE pods be used with this machine?
If you are looking at the ESE pods that Nespresso makes, then no this won’t be compatible. You are going to have to ensure that you are using finely ground coffee beans in order to create the perfect cup of espresso. However, there are some models that you can choose that do allow you to use the pods, including the CA or NS models.
- What texture of ground coffee beans do I need to use?
No matter what machine you are using when it comes to making an espresso you need to use finely ground beans. This would ensure that the flavor comes out perfectly and that you aren’t going to have any grinds in the final brew.
- What is the maintenance that is required for this machine?
All machines are going to need a minimum amount of maintenance to ensure that it will last for a long time. This machine just needs to be run under some running water that is clean with the adapter compartment the cup being washed after you use it. You just need to dry out the water tank with a cloth and this machine is not dishwasher friendly.
- How do I know if this machine is going to be suitable for my needs?
There are plenty of things that you are going to have to think about when you are looking for an espresso machine to take traveling with you. If you don’t want something that is heavy or something that needs to be plugged in, then this machine is going to be perfect. It will take some extra effort to make the espresso, but you don’t have to forgo the delicious beverage when you are out in the wild.
- Does this machine require electricity?
When you are traveling you aren’t always going to have access to electricity and sometimes that means you can’t enjoy what you love. However, when you have this machine with you, then you can easily enjoy your daily espresso since it doesn’t require electricity. All you need to have is ground coffee and some hot water that can be added to the device while you pump it to push the water through the grounds.
- What are the different models that I can choose from?
There are a few models that come from this brand that you would be able to choose from depending on what you want to do in terms of grounds. If you don’t want to carry just ground beans with you, then you can opt for the NS or the CA that both use different pods. However, the GR model is going to use the grounds and all of them have a 1-year warranty and they can be used anywhere.
- Best Coffee Makers Under $50
- The Best Coffee Makers Under $100
- Best Espresso Machines Under $200
- Best Espresso Machines Under $300
- Best Espresso Machines Under $500
- Best Espresso Machines Under $1000
- Best French Press: Mueller French Press Review
- Our Top Pick: Breville BDC450 Review
- Best Pod Coffee Maker: Nespresso ENV150GYAE Review
- Best Espresso Machine: Breville BES870XL Review
For those who are looking for something that is portable and lightweight, then the Wacaco Minipresso is definitely an option. This would be a great item that you can take with you when you are camping since you don’t need to have any electricity to operate this machine.
Make sure that you are doing your research to figure out if one of these models would suit your needs, which should include your budget and even the capacity and the weight.