- 1 Top 10 Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- 2 Keurig: A Brief History
- 3 What Are K-Cups?
- 4 Why Would You Get One?
- 5 Why Local Coffee Shops Don’t Use Keurig?
- 6 Choosing The Right Keurig Coffee Maker For You
- 7 Common Features of The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- 8 Troubleshooting The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best way to get a great-tasting cup of coffee at the touch of a button?
Purchasing the best Keurig coffee makers.
Out of all the coffee maker machines claiming to provide the utmost convenience in brewing delicious coffee, Keurig takes the cake. It’s one of the most recognizable brands of coffee machines around, thanks to the wide acceptance.
Whether you’re hosting a small gathering, keep your employees energized, or just want to make your own cup of joe every morning, a Keurig coffee maker will give it to you.
Since its launch of homebrewers in the year 2004, Keurig coffee makers have been a staple in most kitchen. Today, you are pampered with various Keurig machines, making it confusing to choose the right one for you.
Not to worry, we listed the top and best Keurig coffee makers for you!
Top 10 Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
- Fabric type: Plastic
- What’s in the box: 12-cup glass carafe included with your brewer along with a heating plate to keep coffee hot.
- Brew a cup and a carafe: Use both ground coffee and k-cup pods. Height with handle open-17.63 H inch. Height with drip cover open-18 H inch
- Multiple brew sizes: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12-cup carafe and a 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup.
- Compatible with keurig gold tone mesh filter accessory: A reusable coffee filter you can use to brew your perfect carafe (sold separately).
- Large 60 ounce water reservoir: The 60 ounce water reservoir is shared between the single serve and carafe brewing, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- Strong brew: Brew a stronger, more intense single cup. 30 inch cord length
- Programmable carafe auto-brew: Program your coffee maker to automatically brew a carafe upto 24 hours in advance.
- Pause & pour: Automatically pauses your Coffee maker mid brew for 20 seconds, allowing the carafe to be poured
- Smart start: Your Coffee maker heats, then brews in1 simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- Fits anywhere: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- Travel mug friendly: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs upto 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- Energy efficient: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy
- Compatible with the my k cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- Included in the box: Keurig k mini single serve coffee maker
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on your countertop.
- MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 ounce reservoir lets you brew up to 4 cups before refilling. 8oz cup size
- 3 CUP SIZES: brew an 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup at the push of a button.
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Delicious coffee made in minutes.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7. 0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 5 minutes after the last brew, helping to save energy.
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Included in the box: A bonus 6-count k-cup pod variety pack, one water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best.
- Coffee in no time: Brews k-cup pods in under a minute.
- Large 75 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 8 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- Removable drip tray: Accommodates travel mugs upto 7.2 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
- Brewer maintenance reminder: Alerts you when it is time to descale your coffee maker; Descaling is an important process that removes built up calcium deposits, ensuring the best tasting brew possible
- Quiet brew technology: Minimizes noise when the coffee maker is in use.
- Beverages: Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty, and iced beverages.
- Use ground coffee: Compatible with the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter (sold separately), allowing you to brew with your own ground coffee.
- Material Type: Plastic
- Strong brew button: increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee's flavor.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz enjoy the most popular cup sizes.
- Iced setting: brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious Iced Coffee.
- Hot water on demand button: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal.
- Large 75oz water reservoir: allows you to brew 8 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- What’s in the box: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: (6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes all with quiet brew technology, minimizing noise during use.
- Strong brew: Kicks up your coffee’s strength and intensity. Programmable auto off
- Large 52 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 5 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and get fast & fresh brewed, delicious coffee in minutes.
- Removable drip tray: Accommodates travel mugs upto 7.4” tall, and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
- Included Components: Keurig K-Select Coffee Maker, 6-Count K-Cup Pod Variety Pack, One Water Filter Handle, And One Filter.
- What's in the box: 6 k cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best
- Large 70 ounce water reservoir: allows you to brew 8+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to
- K cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
- Strength control setting: allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature
- Large color touch screen: with a digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy
- Auto on/off: program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times
- Included in the box: Keurig k-mini plus single serve coffee maker with pod storage unit that fits in your brewer and can hold upto 9 k-cup pods.
- Fast & fresh brewed: Coffee made in minutes
- Pod storage: Holds 9 k-cup pods and fits in your brewer for ultimate portability and saves counter space.
- Cord storage: For easy transport and tidy countertops.
- Travel mug friendly: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs upto 7.0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
- Energy efficient: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy.
- Compatible with the my k-cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Special edition: Complement your kitchen with the premium nickel colored finish, metal handle and drip tray
- 4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounce
- Simple button controls: Just insert any k cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.120v
- Large 60 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Smart start: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process; No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size
- Energy efficient: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings
- Travel mug friendly: Accommodates travel mugs upto 7.2 inches tall and is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. 16.7 inch h (with handle open)
- Compatible with the my k-cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Brewer maintenance reminder: Alerts you when it is time to descale your coffee maker. Descaling is an important process that removes built-up calcium deposits, ensuring the best-tasting brew possible.
Keurig: A Brief History
Keurig is a Dutch term that means “Excellence”.
And it is one of the leading manufacturing brands of coffee makers in the US. It has become a household name since it provides a broad range of office and home-use machines.
Keurig, Inc is owned by Keurig Dr. Pepper and is based in Burlington, Massachusetts. Its main products include the K-pods, single-serve coffee cups, beverage pods, and the K-machines that brew these various pods.
Its beverage varieties are hot and cold coffee, tea, cocoa, fruit-based drinks, dairy-based beverages, cider, and lemonades. All machines are compatible with the K-cup pods from the brand. Read Here: Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers
These pods are loaded on the machine to brew amazing coffee easily and quickly and are available in various flavors and sizes.
Keurig Pepper established the company in 1992. But it took 6 years before they can launch their first K-cup pods and brewing machines.
The company currently owns over 60 brands and up to 400 varieties of coffee and other beverages.
What Are K-Cups?
K-cups are the small nitrogen-flushed plastic cups containing measured amounts of coffee, tea, or other flavorings and a paper filter.
A food-safe adhesive seals the lid of the K-cup, resisting light, moisture, and heat to prevent its content from getting moist or stale.
After loading these cups in the best Keurig coffee makers, it draws water from the reservoir, heating it and passing the water through the chamber of the cup.
The brewing process then starts when the needle punctures the cup on its lid, filling it with heated water.
After that, another needle punctures the bottom of the cup to release the brewed coffee to the drain. The main advantage of K-cups is that they offer a broad range of flavors. Plus, they are so convenient to use and rather easy to clean up.
The problem, however, is that you don’t have control of the brewing process and they tend to be expensive. And since they are one-time use products, they also contribute to more wastes.
Fortunately, Keurig now also offers the reusable K-cups where you can use your own ground coffee.
Why Would You Get One?
Keurigs are so popular thanks to their ability to brew hot coffee in just a few minutes without sacrificing too much flavor. The best Keurig coffee makers are rather simple to use and highly reliable, they are pretty low maintenance and most are programmable.
Although it will not give you the same precise control over your brews like a French press or drip machine give you, the best Keurig coffee makers can guarantee speed, convenience, and consistency. In addition, there are over hundreds of flavors to choose from!
All Keurig coffee makers can brew great-tasting coffee in a few minutes. In addition, most of them are fully programmable, allowing you to set it up at night and you wake up with a freshly-brewed coffee.
Another benefit of the best Keurig coffee makers is that they are rather easy to use and maintain. In addition, the design of Keurig coffee makers exudes elegance and style to any setting with appealing aesthetics.
In addition, the option of brewing single cups helps eliminate wasted coffee left in a carafe or pot for hours. Every coffee enthusiast knows that coffee is at its best flavor when freshly brewed, thus, single-serve coffee makers ensures fresh and consistent cup of coffee every time.
Lastly, Keurig Inc backs all its coffee makers with an excellent warranty. This is because they trust the reliability and durability of the coffee makers they produce.
With proper maintenance and care, these coffee makers can offer you fresh cups of coffee for years to come.
Why Local Coffee Shops Don’t Use Keurig?
As we mentioned before, Keurigs can be a great machine if you need an energizing cup of joe fast with minimal cleanup.
However, there are some things that you’re trading for such convenience— and it is mainly the flavor and taste of your coffee.
A good drip brewer or a super-automatic espresso machine is going to make a much better coffee than Keurigs. However, some of those can go up to 10 times the price of the best Keurig coffee makers.
Choosing The Right Keurig Coffee Maker For You
Keurig coffee makers are actually designed for home use, where you can brew a quick cup of coffee. Still, there are a few exceptional Keurig coffee makers that offer enterprise-level quality and performance.
Thus, when choosing the best Keurig coffee maker, you need to consider its intended purpose. Do you need it for home use? Or are you a boss looking to purchase a coffee maker to energize your team?
Every model of Keurig only has single-serving options. Thus, it’s necessary to look out for the speed of brew delivery.
If you overlook this feature, then you might be waiting for a single cup of joe when you would have gotten two,
In general, Keurig coffee makers can brew great-tasting coffee in just a few minutes— some in 2 minutes, other in less than a minute. So, evaluate your level of patience and pick one with minimum brew time.
3) Cup Size
Every Keurig machine has the option to serve various cups sizes. Basically, their cup sizes range from 12 – 4 ounces.
Remember that, changing the cup size can change the strength of the brew as well as affecting the number of brews it can produce at the same water level.
4) Water Reservoir
Water makes 98% of your coffee and its freshness can affect the taste of your brewed coffee.
You might not be lazy, but surely you do not want to get a Keurig machine that requires frequent refills. Similarly, you don’t want the water to stay for long in the tank before refilling.
Thus, you need to consider how frequently you take coffee or if you need to brew coffee for the whole family.
Regardless of the capacity you choose, you’ll love the fact that Keurig coffee makers offer a removable water reservoir that makes it easier for refilling as well as cleaning. Read Here: Best Espresso Machines Under $500
5) Size, Design, and Portability
Other than considering if it looks great in your kitchen counter, you also need to consider the space it will take from your countertop. Fortunately, most Keurig coffee makers offer a compact and space-saving design that should be able to fit most countertops.
In addition, portability is another factor you might want to consider. This is especially true if you like to take your coffee maker with you when traveling or going on weekend trips.
6) User Interface
Most Keurig coffee makers feature an LCD touch screen while others use button control that makes it easier for you to brew your cup of coffee. Keurig coffee makers have user-friendly interfaces, but you can always read the manual if you’re unsure of what to press.
7) Filter Adaptability
Some Keurig models feature a built-in filter. This feature offers you the advantage of using tap water on your machine without compromising
the taste of your coffee. Plus, it eliminates the hassle and cost of buying a separate filtering device.
In addition, you might not be able to buy K-cups all the time. Sometimes, you might want to use your favorite ground coffee. For this, you need to look for the best Keurig coffee makers compatible with reusable K-cups or Ekobrew filter that allows you to brew your own ground coffee.
If you are one of those who love to experiment on your coffee taste, then make sure that you get a Keurig coffee maker that allows you to choose the filter of your choice.
Keurig brings you some of the best $100 single-serve coffee makers on the market. The best Keurig coffee makers work with various K-cup pods and usually come with a price tag of less than a hundred dollars.
In addition, you could even get these machines for a nice discount if you’re buying them online on platforms such as Amazon.
Common Features of The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
Scheduled Brewing Time
If you like to wake up with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, then look for Keurig coffee makers that have the Scheduled Brewing Time feature. These coffee makers feature a programmable timer that you can set, automatically turning on the coffee maker and brewing your coffee on schedule.
Most of the Keurig machines feature a descaling alert that notifies you when it is time to give your device a deep clean.
The best Keurig coffee makers come with the preset temperature of about 192 degrees Fahrenheit to brew a cup of coffee.
However, there are some models that allow you to control the temperature. This would be an excellent feature for those who like to control the quality of their brewed coffee. This is because water temperature during the extraction process can determine the coffee quality.
Some Keurig machines do not have the option to select the strength of the brew. If you want to control the strength and flavor of your coffee, then go with the Keurig machines that allow you to select the strength of your brewed coffee.
This is a convenient and energy-saving feature that is found in most Keurig coffee makers. Some models will automatically turn off the coffee maker after brewing, while others can be programmed to automatically turn off after a few hours of idling.
Removable Drip Tray
This is basically a convenient feature, ensuring less mess when operating the machine since it catches drips or spills. In addition, since it is removable, it provides extra space to accommodate your travel mugs or tumblers.
Most of the coffee maker machines available now take longer to brew. However, if you’re looking for a few-minute brew option, then Keurig coffee makers are your best choice.
While other machines usually need to heat up first before brewing, the Keurig coffee makers usually take no longer than a minute or two to brew your coffee.
Quiet Brew Technology
Another common feature of the best Keurig coffee makers is the Quiet Brew Technology. It minimizes noise during the brewing process, allowing you to brew a cup of coffee without taking you out of your sleepy trance early in the morning.
Troubleshooting The Best Keurig Coffee Makers
1) Not Brewing
If your Keurig coffee maker is not properly brewing, then you need to first clean it properly. A coffee maker that has not been cleaned for a while usually stops working altogether.
Thus, you need to clean the coffee maker and descale it before you can use it again. This should solve your brewing issues with ease.
In general, it is recommended to descale your Keurig coffee maker every 6 months. However, if the water in your area is harder, then you can descale it every 3 months.
If the machine is still not brewing, then you need to clean the filter of the machine and switch it on. It should work just fine.
2) Shutting Off
Most Keurig coffee makers usually come with the auto-shutoff feature. They usually shut off after 90 seconds of idling, but some shut down after brewing, in order to save energy.
So, if your coffee maker shuts down automatically, you can just turn it on once again. However, if the machine is not having a problem with its auto shut off feature and randomly shuts down, for instance, shutting down in the middle of brewing, then you might want to talk to the manufacturer.
Just call the manufacturer or the seller, and they can help fix the machine or even replace it for a new one.
3) Getting The “Add More Water” Error Message
This is a common issue with Keurig machines, but there’s nothing to worry about this.
More often, it is just that the reservoir is not properly filled. Just add more water in the tank or reservoir and the coffee maker should start working again.
However, if the problem still persists, then you might need to give your machine a deep cleaning. This is especially true if you have not descaled your coffee maker for a while.
Sometimes, calcium buildup in the coffee maker could be responsible for the error message.
Generally, just filling the water reservoir or giving it a thorough wash before filling will do the trick. However, if neither method works for you, then you can just call their customer helpline number and follow their instructions.
4) It Says Prime
If your Keurig coffee maker is giving you the message “Prime” it is actually a red alert that you need to restore some parts properly into your machine.
The Prime error could be caused by improperly attaching the water reservoir or the K-cup into the machine.
Sometimes, this message is just a matter of switching off, unplugging, and plugging.
5) Not Pumping Water
When the Keurig coffee maker stops pumping water properly, then it means that there is a clogging. The major reason for this water flow clogging is because you have not yet descaled the machine.
The best way to descale your Keurig coffee machine is to use vinegar. You only need to pour white vinegar and water into the water
reservoir. Run the brew cycle and let it drain. After that run the brew cycle again, this time with clean water to rinse off the moisture properly. Do this several times until the taste of vinegar is gone.
6) Not Heating
If the Keurig coffee maker is not heating, then the heating mechanism of the coffee maker is probably turned off. The main reason for this is a malfunctioning water pump.
When water is not pumped through the brewer, the heating mechanism shuts off in order to prevent overheating.
Similarly, if the water pump is not properly working, then the heating device is forced to shut off. In order to solve this, you need to clean and reset the water reservoir and try again.
7) Coffee Taste Is Bad
This is a common problem if you’re not cleaning your Keurig coffee maker on a regular basis. You need to clean the coffee maker thoroughly once in a while.
This way, you can be sure that there’s no water clogging or debris in the machine. You can get rid of possible issues with the metal parts by using vinegar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I need to descale my Keurig coffee maker?
A: Descaling is the process of removing minerals from the water. Since the heating elements of a coffee maker can’t be seen, mineral build-up can happen after months of use.
With this build-up, it would have a negative impact on your Keurig coffee maker including clogging of water flow or the Keurig machine not reaching the optimal temperature when heating water.
Q: What can I use instead of a descaling solution?
A: Do not use softened water to clean your Keurig coffee maker. Bottle water or spring water works best for cleaning purposes.
Remove the water tank and the lid as well as the stand where the coffee cup rests on. Open the top, then remove the K-cup holder. You can wash these pieces with soapy water, rinse well, and allow to dry.
In addition, you can also try cleaning the entry and exit needles of the machine if it’s not working properly.
To unclog the needle of the machine, you need to get a paperclip and unbend it partially. With the top of the coffee maker open, insert the free end of the paper clip in each of the 3 holes along the needle which pierces the K-cup.
Scratch the paperclip around then remove it. Do not worry about harming the coffee maker since there are no working parts here— just holes that tend to get clogged with debris and scale.
In addition, you could also force the water with the help of a straw, dislodging any debris or build-up.
Q: When should I descale my Keurig?
A: It is advised that you clean and descales the machine after 3 – 6 months of use.
Keurig is one of the leading names in the coffee maker category, thanks to its excellent single-serve coffee makers. Not only that, but the company also brings you K-cups of various strengths, sizes, and flavors.
In addition, Keurig coffee maker tries to bring simplicity, not only to their designs but also to their functioning, making one of the most user-friendly coffee makers available.
Lastly, although they don’t offer the greatest control and coffee taste like French press coffee makers or traditional coffee drips, they boast of great consistency in their brews as well as the convenience of brewing coffee in just a few minutes