- 1 Top 10 Best Lipton Iced Teas
- 2 History of Lipton iced tea
- 3 Origin of Lipton iced tea
- 4 The marketing genius behind the popularity of Lipton
- 5 How iced tea became the new hot of the world?
- 6 Then, Lipton joined this party of iced tea
- 7 The occurrence of teabag revolution
- 8 Variations in iced tea
- 9 How Lipton iced tea is made?
- 10 A sustainable approach to growing tea
- 11 Carefully selected tea leaves
- 12 Natural ingredients
- 13 What are the different types of Lipton iced tea?
- 14 Variations in this iced tea
- 15 Materials used in the making of iced tea by Lipton
- 16 Tips you need to consider
- 17 Before refrigerating it, cool to the room temperature
- 18 Brewing methods
- 19 Reasons to use Lipton iced tea
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions
- 21 Final words
Lipton ice tea is one of the most recognized and widely available brands of tea. The products of this manufacturer can be found in more than 100 countries all around the world.
Not only this, but it is also offering an amazing variety of green, black, and herbal teas. Not only this, but you can also experience some specific yet tastiest blends of Lipton iced tea or iced tea bags in multiple delicious flavors.
These flavors contain various health-promoting compounds.
Even more, some of these flavors also come up with added sugar. Knowing about the different types of Lipton iced tea can let you have a better idea about which one is going to have a place in your plan for a healthy meal.
Also, this iced tea has its unique history that can let you know how it came into existence and how this brand is ensuring to offer the best of Lipton iced teas to its consumers.
Do you want to know some more amazing facts regarding Lipton iced tea? Let’s have a look at the information about different aspects of this tea given below, but first, let’s take a quick look at some of the best Lipton iced teas on our list.
Top 10 Best Lipton Iced Teas
- Lipton Iced Tea bags let you easily brew a gallon of refreshing iced tea
- Made with real tea leaves specially blended for iced tea
- Tasty, refreshing Lipton Iced Tea is the perfect addition to any meal
- Consuming flavonoids as part of your everyday diet can help support a healthy heart. Like other hot and iced tea, wine and cocoa, Lipton Iced Tea contains flavonoids.
- Lipton Black Tea is made with only 100% rainforest alliance certified tea bags
- Lipton Black Tea Bags can help support a healthy heart.
- Our Lipton Black Tea pack contains 400 tea bags that come as 2 boxes of 200 tea bags.
- All our tea leaves are picked at the peak of freshness for a naturally smooth taste.
- Lipton Black Tea is sustainably sourced, made with only 100% Rainforest Alliance certified tea bags.
- Get the best from your brew in 2 minutes, adding the tea bag first then water, so the leaves can unleash their flavor. Brew as a hot tea or pour over ice for a refreshing iced tea beverage.
- With 55 mg per 8-ounce serving, Lipton Black Tea contains 60% less caffeine than coffee.
- Classic Lipton Iced Tea with a lemon flavor
- 100 calories per bottle
- Pack of twelve bottles, 16.9 ounces per bottle
- Be more tea
- Lipton Diet Lemon Iced Tea Mix delivers the delicious, refreshing taste of Lipton without the extra sweetness. This sugar-free black tea iced tea mix is made with our all-natural black tea blend.
- Lipton's Master Blenders have crafted this sugar-free black tea blend made from real tea leaves
- Enjoy a diet lemon flavored ice beverage with only 10 calories per serving.
- This Lipton Diet Iced Tea is made with natural lemon flavor.
- Each jar makes 20 quarts of tasty and refreshing diet lemon iced tea. Just add 4 tablespoons of Lipton Diet Lemon Iced Tea Mix to a cup of water and enjoy!
- Lipton Iced Tea Mixes are the easiest way to prepare delicious and refreshing iced tea in just seconds.
- Lipton Powdered Iced Tea Mix Diet Decaffeinated Lemon has a rich, refreshing taste with a satisfying tartness.
- Lipton Iced Tea Powder is made from real tea leaves for as much natural tea flavor as possible.
- This diet iced tea is sugar-free and caffeine-free and has only 5 calories per serving.
- Packed with natural lemon flavor, this decaf iced tea is a perfect instant tea and cool refreshment for any time of day.
- Each jar of this delicious iced tea powder mix makes 10 quarts of tasty and refreshing iced lemon tea.
- Made from real tea leaves
- Only 5 Calories Per Serving
- Natural lemon flavor
- Each jar makes 15 qt of tasty and refreshing lemon iced tea
- Enjoy Iced Tea in seconds with Refreshing & Delicious Lipton black iced tea raspberry mix
- Made from real tea leaves
- Tasty & Refreshing Lipton Black Iced Tea Raspberry Mix is the perfect addition to any meal
- Simply add Lipton Iced Tea Mix to water and add ice
- Sweetened with real cane sugar
- Enjoy Lipton Iced Tea in seconds with Refreshing & Delicious Lipton iced black tea lemon mix
- Made from real tea leaves
- Colors and Flavors from natural sources
- Tasty & Refreshing Lipton Black Iced Tea Lemon Mix is the perfect addition to any meal
- Sweetened with real cane sugar
History of Lipton iced tea
Although ice tea may seem like a no brainer on any hot day at the present time. Although people have been enjoying hot tea all around the world for centuries, the history of iced tea is quite a recent story.
If you are now sitting comfortably, we would love the history behind ice tea’s popularity that it is experiencing at present.
Surprisingly, due to the popularity of iced tea, the United States of America even has a national iced tea day, celebrated on 10th June, if you want to know.
However, let’s have a look at the brief historical overview of Lipton iced tea to know from where it was started and how it gains popularity in the present day.
Origin of Lipton iced tea
Its origin lied with its very own Sir Thomas Lipton. After beginning its very first grocery store in Glasgow in the year 1871, where he used to sell tea to his customers, he felt potential in this aromatic beverage.
Then he brought various tea fields in Ceylon (which is known as Sri Lanka at present). This was the starting of a revolution that let him see democratizing tea.
However, later by believing that this deliciously aromatic beverage should also be enjoyed by anyone not only by the ones who are wealthy, but he also started to search affordable ways to pack and deliver tea in different regions.
The basic objective behind finding these cheaper ways of packaging and delivering iced tea was to make it available and affordable to every man on the street.
With the continuous efforts and hard work of Sir Thomas Lipton, Lipton tea became one instant success in the beverage industry that spread all around the world within a short duration.
However, at the present time, Lipton teas are being enjoyed all over the world and millions of people are trusting this brand.
The marketing genius behind the popularity of Lipton
Sir Thomas, always a man of firsts, took self-promotion of the Lipton teas to a whole new level with the help of its spectacular publicity stunts that were being performed at every opportunity he got.
When his first grocery store was opened in Glasgow in the year 1871, he imported the largest cheese of the world to celebrate and issued a currency note of Lipton.
Sir Thomas knew how to entertain and his marketing strategies paid off very soon by producing a massive Lipton’s lovers nation.
How iced tea became the new hot of the world?
Well, the iced tea wasn’t made its appearance in print until 1879, in a crockery book that’s known as Housekeeping in Old Virginia.
In that book, the author of the book recommended its readers steeping green tea for a day by filling the goblets with ice and then putting granulated sugar’s two teaspoons in each and pouring this tea over sugar and ice.
However, the big break for the idea of iced tea came about 25 years after at St. Louis world’s fair in 1904.
When Richard Blechynden, the owner of the tea farm inspired by hot weather added ice to his tea samples that were available for free.
The refreshing and cool result of these iced tea samples made this concept an instant hit. This was actually a promotional giveaway that brought huge popular attention to the iced tea.
Then, Lipton joined this party of iced tea
By seeing the huge popularity that iced tea was getting all around the world, Lipton introduced its very first iced tea powder mix in the year 1964 to the United States of America.
This tea then reached Europe in the year 1978, and after that, the iced tea brand of Lipton is continuously growing its popularity among different countries from all around the world.
Even the bottled Lipton iced tea which was introduced in the year 1991 is also enjoying popularity in more than 100 countries all around the world.
The occurrence of teabag revolution
Well, the tea bags were discovered by the American merchants soon after the popularity of Lipton tea, when Thomas Sullivan sent his tea samples to his customers in the small silk bags.
Then, they presumed these should be placed in the water directly. Thomas Lipton saw the future potential in this and became the first company to start selling tea in bags. Also, Lipton is the first one to print instructions for brewing on the teabag.
Variations in iced tea
As at the present time, iced teas are world popular, Lipton is offering an innovative range of iced teas. Lipton is offering iced tea variations you can prefer to use for any occasion.
Consumers can choose any option from peach to lemon, and more to brighten up their day in the best possible way.
How Lipton iced tea is made?
This tea is being loved by the cold tea lovers’ community all around the world. This tea is made up of natural and refreshing ingredients that make it the best among others. Let’s have a look at the information given below in this regard:
A sustainable approach to growing tea
Since 1880, nature has been the tea factory of Lipton. Each cup of Lipton teas is being grown with natural rain, sunshine, and wind to offer its signature delicious taste to the consumers with a rich aroma.
The use of a sustainable approach to growing tea leaves is letting consumers brighten up their days.
Carefully selected tea leaves
This tea manufacturing process is based on sustainable practices, but the best part of its making is the selection of tea leaves.
Lipton team ensures the selection of the best tea leaves to offer a natural and smooth taste to its consumers. Fresh pressed and carefully selected tea leaves have the ability to capture as much taste of natural tea as possible.
This tea is containing natural ingredients besides flavonoids that can help you in getting most of the health-promoting benefits of this tea with ease.
Even more, adding this tea in your healthy meal routine can let you improve your health in different ways effectively. This tea is meant to offer a smooth and refreshing experience in the best possible way.
From preparation to packaging, this Lipton tea is being made under the supervision of experts to ensure the best ever tea experience to the iced tea lover’s community all around the world.
What are the different types of Lipton iced tea?
When it comes to know about the types of Lipton tea, then you certainly want to know a bit of detail about each. So that choosing your best option could become easier for you.
So, without any further delay let’s have a look at different types and varieties of Lipton tea available all around the world.
Types of Lipton iced tea
Multiple bottled iced tea flavors are being sold under Lipton and regular versions of these come up with added sugar. These contain a supply of potassium too that can promote a healthy heart as well.
Iced tea bags
Lipton tea bags themselves don’t contain any sugar or calories. Brewing iced tea with these exclusively formulated tea bags can yield a calorie and sugar-free beverage.
This type of Lipton tea can be a wise option to keep yourself hydrated effectively without even consuming a higher amount of sugar.
If you are concerned about caffeine intake, then you must know that these tea bags also come in decaffeinated form. However, you can also add different ingredients such as sugar to your brewed tea to change the taste.
But keep in mind the fact that this will change its nutritional values too.
Lipton iced tea mixes
Iced tea mixes in unsweetened form contain no added sugar and zero calories to make it an effectively nutritious choice for you. If you are trying to limit your sugar consumption, this can be an effective choice for you.
While, on the other hand, lemon iced tea mix comes up with sugar and 70 calories too. While a similar quantity of raspberry and mango iced tea contains 80 calories. But the diet version comes up with no added sugar.
Variations in this iced tea
Here are some flavor variation options that are being offered by Lipton. You can get to know about these to choose the best for you with ease:
Iced tea black
Consumers can enjoy the deliciousness of black iced tea with delicious and refreshing iced tea black with ease. Flavors of this tea type are made of flavors and colors from natural sources, as well as real tea leaves.
Tasty and refreshing Lipton black iced tea can be an amazing addition to any of your healthy meals with ease.
Surprisingly, Lipton iced black tea is available in different flavors. Mango, lemon, raspberry, and peach are the flavors that you can enjoy in this range with ease.
Lipton iced tea green
Lipton Green iced tea is another amazing, delicious, and refreshing addition to the Lipton tea’s family. This is an amazing and refreshing soft drink that comes up with green extracts.
Lime juice, mint, sweetener, and sugar are the special ingredients being used in this type of iced tea. You can have a soothing and refreshing material with this variety of iced tea with ease.
However, Green mint lime is the only flavor available in this iced tea variation.
Materials used in the making of iced tea by Lipton
If you want to recognize ingredients used in iced tea by Lipton, then you must have a look at the details given below:
- Water: Water is an essential iced tea ingredient that plays a vital role in keeping you hydrated.
- Citric acid: This is a sour-flavor agent created from citrus and being used to keep iced tea fresh when these are sitting on shelves.
- Sodium Hexametaphosphate: This ingredient is effective to prevent change in both texture and appearance. Fortunately, it has been recognized as a safe ingredient to be used by the FDA.
- Tea: Finally, there is a hidden tea in the ingredients’ list here. Well, tea brings some solid benefits ranging from boosted heart health to improved antioxidant properties and more.
- Natural flavor: These are the flavors that are derived from natural foods actually and can add flavor to your iced tea.
- Phosphoric Acid: This acid can be added to the products to offer a more tart and sharper taste. Furthermore, it also works as preservatives and keeps iced tea free from bacteria and mold.
- Acesulfame Potassium: This is an artificial sweetener that is added to iced teas to add a sweet touch without added sugar.
- Calcium Disodium EDTA: This is another preservative on the list of iced tea ingredients by Lipton. It slows the oxidation rate and thus, rancid aromas development.
- Potassium Sorbate: This is a widely used preservative. It is also known to be the ingredient to steer clear off.
- Lemon Juice Concentrate: This is concentrated lemon juice to ensure more effective packaging and transport.
Corn Syrup with high Fructose: This is a corn syrup that is being made by its glucose enzymatically converted to fructose. It is a sweetener that is being used commonly in various products.
Tips you need to consider
Do you want to make delicious iced tea with Lipton’s products? here we have brought some essential tips for you which will let you get most out of your iced tea with ease. consider our tips while making iced tea by Lipton to get the best taste of it in the best possible way:
Prefer using fresh tea
It is always highly recommended to use fresh iced tea bags to brew delicious iced tea. Using high-quality Lipton iced tea can let you have the best taste in this way only.
Use filtered water
Tap water is more commonly hard and contains metal and minerals. Using hard water can make your iced tea cloudy. Therefore, it is always recommended to use filtered water to brew perfect iced tea.
Avoid adding tea to boiling water actively
The temperature at which you are going to steep the tea can make a difference. Steeping tea in actively boiling water can also result in a bitter taste. So, make sure to steep it at the instructed temperature to get the best taste.
Avoid tea steeping for longer
It is always better to check instructions given on packaging to know the exact steeping duration. It is because steeping tea in boiling water for a long time can make it bitter.
Add sweetener when the tea is warm still
Do you want to experience real, bona fide sweet iced tea? Then it is always recommended to dissolve honey, sugar, or any other sweetener when the tea is still warm to let that disperse evenly.
Before refrigerating it, cool to the room temperature
If you are going to put hot tea directly into your refrigerator then you will end up having a cloudy tea that might don’t taste that delicious. To get the best looking and tasting iced tea, ensure to refrigerate it after one hour.
- Store iced tea in sealed containers
When it comes to storing your iced tea, it is always recommended to use a sealed glass jar for this. It is because plastic containers can pick taste and smell from foods placed in the fridge. Ultimately, you won’t be able to get the best tasted iced tea.
Do you want to know how to brew iced teas to get a perfectly delicious taste with a rich aroma? Let’s have a look at the brewing methods given below:
- 16 cups of water
- 3 iced tea brews by Lipton of family size tea bags or 6 of cup-sized tea bags
- One and a half cups of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add 4 cups of water in a pan and bring them to boils over a high flame
- Remove pan from heat and then add cup size iced tea bags by Lipton and brew it for about 15 minutes.
- Dunk tea bags multiple times while brewing.
- Remove tea bags after 15 minutes and squeeze them.
- Now stir baking soda and sugar in it and let it dissolve completely.
- Add the remaining 12 cups of water and let it boil.
- Now fill these into glasses and let it get chilled.
You can garnish it with fresh lemon slices and mint leaves if desired.
Reasons to use Lipton iced tea
If you want to know some reasons that can convince you to prefer iced tea by Lipton, then you must have a look at reasons listed below:
- Iced tea by Lipton is based on refreshing and soothing ingredients that will help you to brighten your day.
- Iced teas can help you ensure more fluid intake that will help you in staying hydrated. Also, these contain desirable flavors that are more often preferred over plain water.
- Flavonoids are dietary compounds available in iced tea that can contribute to color and taste significantly. These can also help in maintaining certain body functions.
- Drinking iced tea regularly can also help in maintaining healthy heart function.
- Unsweetened iced teas are rich in antioxidants be it green or black. These compounds are effective to offer protection from cellular damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lipton iced tea contain caffeine?
Yes, it contains caffeine. However, the caffeine amount depends on the variety of iced tea you will choose as well as the time duration it has been brewed for.
How long can a consumer keep iced teas by Lipton?
Fortunately, each iced tea product by Lipton is tagged with the best taste date. It is always recommended to check out that date. Normally, iced tea by Lipton can be used for up to 18 months from the production date.
Do iced teas by Lipton need to be refrigerated?
Although most of its iced teas are shelf-stable that doesn’t require to be refrigerated until you are going to open it. Still, it is recommended to keep them in a cool and dry place.
Are these iced teas gluten-free?
Currently, Lipton isn’t claiming to make any gluten-free ice tea. But still, none of the iced teas are made up of any ingredient that is linked with gluten sensitivity.
Does Lipton offer bottled iced teas’ decaffeinated version?
No, Lipton is currently not offering any decaffeinated version of its bottled iced teas. However, you can look for this version in iced tea bags.
Lipton iced teas are becoming more and more popular over time not only because of its rich aroma of delicious taster only. But also because of the various benefits, it offers to your body.
However, here is full-fledged information about the Lipton iced teas. The details are given above from the history of Lipton iced tea to the tips of making the best iced tea and much more can let you know answers to the most commonly asked questions with ease.