- 1 Top 10 Best Pukka Teas
- 2 History of Pukka Tea
- 3 Pole & Westwell: The minds behind Pukka
- 4 Partnership with Unilever
- 5 How Pukka Tea is made
- 6 Types of Pukka teas
- 7 Tips for brewing Pukka Tea
- 8 Brewing methods
- 9 Reasons to choose Pukka Tea
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 11 Final Thoughts
Pukka Teas have gotten very popular over the last couple of decades. Because of its rising popularity, many people are trying to figure out what this enigmatic and unique tea is, and why so many people are looking to buy this type of tea.
Here is everything you need to know about Pukka teas from history to production, types, brewing and so much more, but before let’s dive in and take a look ato top 10 best Pukka teas list.
Top 10 Best Pukka Teas
- TWININGS MOST POPULAR TEA: English Breakfast, created by selecting some of the finest teas, each with their own unique characteristics for a well-balanced blend; Caffeinated, 100 Tea Bags
- SMOOTH, FULL-BODIED TEA: A blend of teas from Kenya and Assam create a delightful cup of tea; Black tea is best when steeped 3-5 minutes in 100°C heated water
- INDIVIDUALLY SEALED TEA BAGS STAY FRESH: Take your tea on the go in your purse, workout bag, backpack, school or work desk or car; Each tea bag is sealed for freshness so every cup of Twinings is the perfect cup of Twinings
- DRINK IN LIFE: With a signature blend of tradition and innovation, Twinings encourages tea lovers to "Drink In Life" by taking small steps towards feeling good and living well, one sip at a time
- SOURCED WITH CARE: We improve communities we source from with access to water and sanitation; Empowering women; Enhancing incomes and resilience through income diversification and careful farming practices
- Promotes a good night’s sleep with the extra power of valerian.*
- Non-GMO verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
- Taste: Earthy, minty and satisfyingly herbal.*
- Contains one box containing 16 sealed tea bags
- *Packaging May Vary*
- Packaging of Nighty Night Valerian and Nighty Night Extra Valerian may vary but the same product
- Our Taylors Tea Variety Box is perfect for gifting, businesses, home, office, or to simply try and find your favorite tea flavor
- Variety packs include six individually wrapped and tagged tea bags of each flavor.
- Taylors of Harrogate is Carbon Neutral Certified, a member of the Ethical Tea Partnership, and Rainforest Alliance Certified.
- Total 48 tea bags included.
- Assorted Tea
- Variety packs include six tea bags of each variety.
- Made in UK
- Tea gift box
- GREEN TEA BAGS - 100 Tea Bags filled with premium green tea.
- ORGANIC GREEN TEA - The tea is blended, filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags in California
- 100 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS - Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They are free of dyes, adhesive, glue and chlorine bleach. No staples, strings, bags or extra waste - just delicious tea!
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC & NON-GMO - All our products are certified USDA Organic and certified Non-GMO. Look for the USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project seals on our products!
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our products, simply let us know and we will refund your order - it’s as easy as that!
- PERFECT COMBINATION FOR TAZO TEA LOVERS: Our Tazo Tea Bags Sampler Assortment Variety Pack count (42) individual, (14) different flavors.
- WIDE RANGE OF POPULAR OPTIONS TAZO TEA: English Tea number one, High quality blends of tea to enjoy, all presented in foil-wrapped tea bags to preserve the aroma with black and green tea flavor Chai Decafe, Refresh Mint, Calm Chamomile, Sweet Orange, Passion, Sweet Cinnamon Spice, Green Zen, Awake English Breakfast, Early Grey, Green Ginger, Chai Green Tips, Chai Organic, Baked Cinnamon Apple, Ginger Spice Organic.
- CAREFULLY AND BEAUTIFULLY PACKAGED: All single serve tea bags are handpicked and comes in a fancy. Great Gift for any purpose or Every time and very use fully for any occasionally.
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION AND PURPOSE: Perfect GIFT as a care package for Family, college students, coworkers, military personal, your family, friends and yourself.
- MAKE IT A GIFT: Indulge your family, your loved ones and yourself with this Tazo Tea Bags Sampler gift box. Tazo Tea focused her creative energies on formulating a better cup of tea in the kitchen of her New York City.
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 24 Lemon & Ginger Herbal Tea K-Cups. Herbal tea made with ginger root and lemon. Using a Keurig Brewer, press the 6-oz. or 8 oz. brew button for optimal flavor.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- LEMON & GINGER TEA: The flavors of lemon and ginger have been invigorating the tea experience for hundreds of years. Today the expert blenders at Twinings have combined these two great flavors for lively and enjoyable herbal tea experience.
- RICH HISTORY: In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME: Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney and Sons Tea, Davidsons Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea, try Twinings of London Tea.
- 52 PACK TEA SAMPLER: Our Tea Bag variety contains 52 pack, around 30 different flavors. Find your favorite!
- RICH VARIETY OF FLAVORS: English Breakfast, Green, Moroccan Mint, Peach, Chamomile and more
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION AND PURPOSE: Perfect GIFT as a care package for college students, schools kids, co-workers, military personal, your family, friends and yourself.
- MAKE IT A GIFT: Comes in a decorative gift box with a fancy blue ribbon gift design. Indulge your family, your loved ones and yourself with Tea gift box.
- Contains caffeinated and Decaf teas; black tea, Herbal tea and green tea. Individual flavor may vary!
- Discover your favorite from Earl Grey tea, Yunnan Gold tea, Chamomile herbal tea, Lemon infused, Pomegranate infused white tea, peach infused oolong tea, peppermint herbal tea, Black Ceylon Tea, Green tea, Darjeeling tea, vanilla infused Chai tea.
- Two Rivers Coffee sampler packs allows you to enjoy an assortment of beverages without buying so many different boxes. Your coffee, tea, hot cocoa, cider, cappuccino headquarters. Yeah... We got you covered.
- Compatible with 2.0 Keurig K-Cup Brewer.
- Two Rivers Coffee is not affiliated or endorsed by Keurig Dr Pepper. Keurig Dr Pepper, Keurig, K-Cup and green Mountain are registered trademarks of Keurig Dr Pepper.
- Supports throat health.*
- Non-GMO verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
- Taste: Sweet and silky, with a distinct licorice taste.
- Case of six boxes, each box containing 16 sealed tea bags (96 total tea bags)
- DRINK DAILY FOR YOUR HEALTH: Drinking our Aloe Vera Juice daily can help support immune and gut health, balance stomach acid, lower toxins in your body that prevent cellular absorption, plus overall muscle, and joint health.
- IMPROVE SUPPLEMENT ABSORPTION: The aloe vera plant has 18 amino acids plus multiple vitamins and studies prove the value of aloe vera improving the absorption of supplements. Aloe vera drink can also soothe occasional muscle and joint discomfort.
- BOOST DIGESTIVE HEALTH: In addition to sustaining and promoting regularity, organic juice from the aloe vera plant can aid in the maintenance of your overall digestive system's health and balance the pH of the stomach.
- HIGHEST QUALITY ALOE VERA JUICE: Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice is 99.8% pure, meets the highest quality standards, is certified organically grown, naturally gluten free, GMO free, and vegan.
- MAXIMUM BENEFITS: Aloe's benefits are maximized with our patent-pending aloe polysaccharide extract, Aloesorb, to provide the most effective aloe clinically proven to support increased nutrient absorption, immune support, detoxification, and antioxidants.
History of Pukka Tea
Pukka tea comes from a company that is named as “Pukka Herbs”. Pukka Herbs started as a small-time kitchen back in 2001 by Tim Westwell and Sebastian Pole.
To further explain the history of Pukka Herbs, we must first understand the people behind this company.
Tim Westwell was a business change consultant for 10 years until the age of 40, where he stopped for 6 months to look for inspiration. In his pursuit of inspiration, he placed small ads in local magazines to help people in the area to expand their ideas into a business.
Sebastian Pole was a herbalist that was always fascinated with the idea of how plants worked, their conversation, and the concept of herbalism.
Even though he was already working on expanding this idea into a business: effectively trying to make teas, syrups, Aloe Vera juices and herbal supplements for the general public.
It was not until he found an ad to convert a business into a local business that he was effectively able to find inspiration for what he wanted to do next.
Pole & Westwell: The minds behind Pukka
As soon as Sebastian Pole saw the ad to convert his idea into a business, he rushed towards Tim, and the two greatly took off. Even after a single meeting, they were able to properly figure out what both of them wanted: to change the world for the better.
Makoto Shinkai, a successful director, has a great saying that you can’t become successful unless you are willing to change the world with your work.
In the first few meetings in Tim’s flat, they were able to conjure up a mutual theme that they would be focusing their business on, Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the “science of life” – a Sanskrit term in native India.
It has been around for more than 3000 years and is based on the belief of the balance between mind and body.
Tim and Sebastian quickly saw the potential if they were able to salvage this ancient knowledge and convert it into modern products that were to be made easily and readily available for anyone to buy.
Tim and Sebastian invested a combined total of £5,000 from their own pockets and borrowed £10,000 from the bank for their new business. In the first year from 2001 to 2002, were able to make sales worth £48,000 or about $62,000.
Over the years, they quickly started focusing on their customer base, and advertisements. Though their Pukka teas were not initially a compelling
product that people would be willing to buy – of course not, because the tea was promising holistic effects which most people don’t believe in.
After quite a while of investing and hard work, Pukka Herb finally took off but was not able to make marginal profits until it was acquired by Unilever.
Partnership with Unilever
It was not until 2018 that Pukka Herbal decided to partner with Unilever, a British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company. It is a billion-dollar company and provides products to over 40 countries across the globe.
Pukka Herbal – when they partnered with Unilever, was able to expand its product line to all of these countries, and even have direct access to thousands of organic farmers and growers.
Unilever’s head of tea even explained that Pukka was the fastest-growing organic tea brand in the world and it was a great opportunity for them to take this opportunity to provide the world with this product.
How Pukka Tea is made
Pukka tea is made from organic materials that are acquired with a “fair for life” method. Here are some methods and rules that the company follows when making Pukka teas:
Organic material is a material that is based entirely on the sourcing from nature. Organic items and products are not processed in any way, and there is no chemical involved in any step across the conversion from raw material to a proper product.
Pukka tea is made from 100% organic material, even after being acquired by Unilever. The company promises that these products can easily be traced back to organic plants and farms where they are harvested by farmers and growers.
Principle of Health
The company follows a simple principle of health which states that the company is made to promote the health of the ecosystem and organisms that live on Earth.
In simple words, all products that are made by Pukka Herbs never harm the environment – but promote different businesses to grow the world into an eco-friendly place.
Principle of Ecology
This principle states that any business that produces, consumes, or trades organic products should also protect the common environment that they are using. Pukka Herbs buys ingredients from only those farmers and growers who follow this principle.
This helps the world of organic agriculture maintain a steady balance, in the long run, profiting both the Earth and the living beings inhabiting it.
Principle of Fairness
The principle of fairness is the principle version of “no animals/plants were harmed in the making of this product”.
Pukka Herbs try their best to maintain a level of fairness for both the environment and fellow businesses in the vicinity to ensure healthy competition and promote the well-being of everyone involved.
Principle of Care
The principle of care focuses on increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency without risking health. All proper steps are taken to ensure that
everyone involved in the business is cared for, ranging from employees to employers and even the environment that the farmers and growers are working on.
Ingredients from all over the world
Although Pukka Herbs is based in the United Kingdom, their ingredients come from all over the world. More than 50 of their main ingredients come from India – which is the heart of growing herbs. About 25% of all the herbs used in the teas come from different parts of the world.
Donation & Eco-friendly
There is a really popular campaign in the United States named “1% for the planet” – which fundamentally states that at least 1% of the economic turnover of a company should be donated to environmental organizations that are trying to make the world a better place.
In the United Kingdom, Pukka Herbs is one of the first organizations to take a pledge to this campaign.
Types of Pukka teas
Pukka Herbs officially sell over 42 products of teas. Here is a list of all the Pukka teas, and then some of the types that these Pukka teas are classified under:
All Pukka Teas
All of the Pukka teas that Pukka Herbs sell are listed below:
Womankind, Gorgeous Earl Grey, Three Mint, Lemongrass & Ginger, Wonder Berry Green, Love, Feel New, Three Fennel, Chamomile, Vanilla & Manuka Honey, Elegant English Breakfast, Mint Matcha Green, Lemon, Ginger & Manuka Honey, Three Licorice, After Dinner, Wild Apple & Cinnamon, Licorice & Cinnamon, Day to Night Collection, Relax, Herbal Collection, Three Ginger, Three Cinnamon, Tulsi Clarity, Turmeric Gold, Peppermint & Licorice, Elderberry & Echinacea, Peace, Blackcurrant Beauty, Three Chamomile, Night Time, Mint Refresh, Vanilla Chai, Supreme Matcha Green, Motherkind Baby, Revitalise, Ginseng Matcha Green, Original Chai, Lean Matcha Green, Green Collection, Clean Matcha Green, Motherkind Pregnancy, Cleanse, and Turmeric Active.
Cinnamon Pukka Tea
Cinnamon is one of the most beloved components in any kind of sweet brewery.
People love hot chocolate and teas that come with cinnamon, but the various cinnamon Pukka teas that Pukka Herbs sell come with a perfect blend of cinnamon and other healthy components that will help anyone live longer.
Dosha is broken down into three substances that make up a person’s body. Pitta is one of these three substances, and pitta Pukka teas are designed to help complete this part of the body.
Pitta symbolizes one’s metabolic processes, body temperature, and hormonal balance. A Pitta tea is designed to help digest things, and there are over 20 Pukka teas that are tagged as Pitta teas.
The second part of the body is Kapha, which symbolizes the structure and lubrication and structure of the body. In simpler words, Kapha controls the body’s weight, energy processing, and other processes that lead to major outer physical changes.
Kapha Pukka teas are rejuvenating teas that are designed to control one’s weight and to get more energy for the day.
Most people will like Kapha teas because of their ability to help lose weight, and also because of their ability to keep the body awake without needing any sort of caffeine. Pukka teas do not contain any caffeine after all.
Vata is the final part of the body, which is responsible for our speech, our breath, the movement of the body, and the soul. It also plays a vital role in the energy movement throughout the body.
Vata tea is loved by gymnastics and people who have to physically exert their bodies. Indians, especially, love Vata Pukka teas because they give them the energy and nerves the information needed to get through each gruesome day.
Tips for brewing Pukka Tea
Here is a brief list of a few tips that might help you brew the perfect Pukka tea for the perfect occasion:
Unlike British teas that are usually made in milk, Pukka teas are made in water. Many types of whole leaf Pukka teas rely on water to properly providing energy throughout the body.
The first tip to brewing the perfect Pukka tea is that the water used should be properly filtered.
Because you will be consuming the water directly, and it will be acting as a solvent for Pukka tea, it is recommended to fully filter the water.
There are many methods to filter water, but we recommend using a filter paper to filter the same water three to four times before using it as an ingredient for Pukka tea.
Another way is to use perfectly boiled freshwater as a perfect solvent because water gains solubility the more it is heated.
While boiling water, be sure to maintain a normal heat that spreads across the full pan. This is to ensure that the water does not overboil in any part, and inevitably ruin the taste of the Pukka teas that you are making.
Be sure to check with a thermometer that the water is the perfect temperature before using the water as an ingredient.
Using a pot
Pots have always been used to store and pour tea, mainly because of their ability to keep heat inside the pot. Pots are also able to keep many of the nutrition inside the tea safe, because of hundreds of years of perfection in design.
Attention to ingredients
If you are brewing Pukka teas that have lavender, be sure to brew them for no more than 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the heat provided.
If you think that the smell of the Pukka tea is too strong, lower the heat steadily for 5 minutes and then let it rest for a minute or two before consuming.
If you are using puka teas with orange and lemon peels, keep the temperature of the heat from around 90 to 92°C. This should help infuse the taste of these ingredients, without tasting too bitter.
For teas that use eastern herbs like Kuding tea, keep the water temperature to 92°C.
Peel the cover & one-time use
A very rookie mistake that many people make not knowingly is that they do not peel all the second cover of the Pukka tea.
All Pukka tea sachets are fully packaged to protect from heat and moisture, and they need to be peeled off individually when trying to use them.
Even though they are not dangerous, these covers are also not edible and will indefinitely ruin your experience. Each Pukka tea sachet should also be used one time, and not more than that.
There are obvious reasons for this, as sachets lose their nutritious value and become extremely bitter after being used once.
Here is a complete list of a few brewing methods that we would recommend using for various types of Pukka teas:
Cold Pukka Tea
Many of the Pukka teas can be made as cold herbal teas, a great product for the lovers of iced teas.
Here is a simple guide on how to brew cold Pukka tea:
- Choose your sachet or ingredient of your favourite Pukka tea. If you are using leaves, go with about 2 spoons of leaves per 1.5 litres of filtered water.
- Add the leaves inside a pot, and slowly add the filtered water. We recommend using slightly warm water because warm water cools down faster.
- Cover the lid of the pot with an aluminium sheet or a simple pothead to ensure that nothing goes inside your tea.
- Refrigerate the tea for about 10 to 12 hours before taking it out and consuming it.
Hot Pukka Tea
The generic and most popular type of herbal tea that is brewed all across the world is the hot Pukka tea. It is fundamentally a combination of boiling water with Pukka teas.
Here is a small guide on how to make hot herbal tea:
- Choose your favourite Pukka tea flavour that you would love to make as a hot tea.
- Boil the water to a temperature of 90°C and let it stay for a minute or more.
- Slowly sprinkle your Pukka tea and mix it in your boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how strong you want the tea to be.
- Turn off the heat, and let the tea cool for a minute or two.
- Slowly pour the tea from the pot into the cup, and enjoy the aromatic experience of a lifetime.
Reasons to choose Pukka Tea
Here is a brief list of all the reasons why you would like to buy Pukka teas for your various dietary and brewery needs:
Pukka Tea is Organic
Like we mentioned and discussed earlier, Pukka tea is organic and it provides many nutrients and positive impacts on the human body without any negative impacts.
Organic compounds are entirely natural and are not processed with dangerous chemicals that can cause the body to react uniquely.
Very aromatic and healthy
It should be understood that one of the reasons many people love teas is because of its aroma. All teas have different aromas, and studies have shown that the environmental smell can contribute to one’s dreams, emotions, driving, stress levels, pain, concentration, memory, and even romance.
Long exposure to any smell can also affect mood, anxiety, and stress levels. Aromatic Pukka teas help soothe one’s mind and soul and are proven to be otherwise healthy too.
Pukka teas can help boost metabolism, improve blood sugar regulation, and even help cleanse the body of many toxicities.
Although Pukka has been banned from using the word “detox” to advertise their products, there are links that show that people who use a lot of Pukka tea tend to have less toxin in their bodies as compared to those that rely on normal tea.
Help the environment
Choosing to buy Pukka teas instead of the average, cheaper teas ensure that you are playing a part in supporting the environment.
We discussed earlier that Pukka Herbs follow the four principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care – all of which play a vital role in helping the environment become a better place for everyone to live in.
Very strong and not diluted
All types of Pukka tea are exceptionally potent and can be used as-is in water. It is recommended to generally use 1.5 litre of water with a single sachet of Pukka tea, because of their strong flavour.
It might be difficult for beginners to fully appreciate the taste of a Pukka tea, but any brewery craftsman and the veteran tester can easily figure out the difference between a normal tea and a Pukka tea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a small list of some frequently asked questions about Pukka tea and the company behind it that we might be able to answer:
Why choose Pukka tea over any other herbal tea?
Some of the reasons for choosing Pukka tea over other herbal teas have been listed above. Nonetheless, Pukka teas are more potent and aromatic as compared to the generic herbal teas, and are made from plants that are plucked with care.
Plants are living organisms and can dramatically change in taste and nutrition depending on how they are treated.
Do Pukka teas contain caffeine?
Pukka teas do not contain any sort of caffeine, except for a few types of green teas, black teas, Revitalise, Original Chai, Licorice and Cinnamon, and Wonder Berry Green.
Even though caffeine is addicting and helps people get energy faster, the negative impacts of caffeine are too large to be used in all product lines.
Does Pukka tea contain weed/CBD?
Only the Peace Tea product from Pukka Herbs contains weed, or more popularly known as cannabinoids. The type of weed used in hemp leaf, which is usually less dangerous and has even become legal in many states of the United States.
What safety procedures does Pukka tea undergo?
Pukka teas go through all the necessary safety procedures such as hand-testing all the raw materials as well as paying full attention to all parts of the process of converting raw materials into a product that customers will love.
Aflatoxins, yeast, and mold are always tested per schedule to ensure that no Pukka tea goes bad.
Even though many people are still suspicious of whether herbal teas even work, there is a growing trend and market for herbal teas all across the globe.
Out of all the herbal teas, Pukka teas have become the most prominent because of their fair usage and their treatment of the competition and the environment.
We hope that this small article on Pukka teas was able to help you fully understand whether you should be using these teas in your diet.