- 1 Top 10 Best Detox Teas
- 2 History of the Detox Tea
- 3 How are the best detox teas made?
- 4 Types of best detox tea
- 5 Materials used in the best detox teas
- 6 Tips to use the best detox teas
- 7 Brewing method of the best detox teas
- 8 Reasons to use the best detox teas
- 9 Frequently asked questions about the detox teas
- 10 Conclusion
Detox teas are a great supplement to the detoxification process. How good is it to make your body healthier while you are cleansing it? The detox teas can help you in making your body healthy while they remove some of the most harmful toxins from your body.
Moreover, they give the benefits of several medications and expensive treatments at a very low cost. Above all, you can enjoy all the benefits with the comfort of your home.
It can be used as a refreshing drink any time you like because it can be easily brewed in a matter of minutes. Here we will discuss a lot of amazing and interesting facts about the history, ingredients, making, and benefits of the best detox teas.
In the end, we will also answer some questions that you might come up with while reading this whole read, but before we dive in take a quick look at our top 10 best detox teas collection list.
Top 10 Best Detox Teas
- NOURISH & STRENGTHEN: Our nutrient-rich, biotin-infused treatment can be used as part of your everyday hair care routine or as an intensive deep treatment to prevent damage for strong, lustrous hair with a fresh, invigorating scent
- SMOOTH SPLIT ENDS: This lightweight treatment nourishes split ends and hair follicles for a sleek look; Apply to the ends of hair before you shampoo to soothe and smooth for a healthy, shiny finish that can be air-dried or styled as desired
- SOOTHE DRY SCALP: This rich blend of over 30 essential oils and nutrients deeply penetrates the scalp to increase circulation, combat dandruff, and comfort itchy, sensitive skin while working to strengthen, lengthen, nourish, and protect hair
- SAFE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Our versatile Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil promotes radiant hair for all hair types and deeply nourishes types 3A to 4C, chemically-treated hair, braids, weaves, and both low and high porosity level hair
- BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Mielle Organics aims to empower women of all hair types and styles with powerful products and gentle, organic ingredients that amplify your natural beauty and are the “root to results” that leave you looking and feeling your best
- THE GUT STUFF: Once Daily Women’s is formulated for her unique needs with 50 Billion CFU of 16 diverse probiotics for optimal digestive and immune support; We’ve also added our whole food prebiotic fiber blend to help promote the growth of good bacteria
- HIT REPHRESH: Girls just want to have pHun; Our doctor formulated daily probiotic has clinically studied strains, L. reuteri and L. fermentum, to help maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria and pH levels for vaginal health and overall women’s health
- BACKED BY SCIENCE: As a 4x Award Winning #1 Probiotic Brand, our probiotic is made with a great deal of research to ensure you are receiving the highest-quality and most diverse strains in a shelf-stable bottle to ensure they arrive alive and stay alive
- CONVENIENCE IN MIND: Keep your standards and strains high in a once-daily, easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsule; If you prefer probiotic drinks, our capsules can also be opened & contents mixed into water or your favorite beverages (not too hot or acidic)
- EXPERTLY FORMULATED: Our once daily probiotic supplement for women is proudly Dr. Formulated by David Perlmutter, MD for women’s health and Third-Party Certified Non-GMO, Gluten-Free and Carbon Neutral; Made in the USA with no dairy, soy, or gluten
- MICKEY D'S FORMULA WITH TONGUE SCRAPER INSIDE THE BOX: Upgraded GuruNanda Mickey D’s Pulling Oil, is an ayurvedic blend of fractionated coconut oil; seven pure, natural, & ethically sourced essential oils; and Vitamin D, E, and K2. The seven different globally farmed essential oils are peppermint, spearmint, cardamom, fennel, clove, oregano, and tea tree oils. This authentic blend of oils with vitamins is a natural teeth whitener oral rinse that helps freshen your breath & supports healthy gums.
- TRADITIONAL BENEFITS OF MICKEY D'S PULLING OIL: This GuruNanda Pulling Oil helps maintain oral hygiene. Spearmint, Peppermint, Cardamom & Fennel essential oil helps with bad breath. Clove, Oregano & Tea Tree essential oils supports gum health. Fractionated coconut cleanses your mouth. Vitamins D, E, K2 support oral & bone health of the mouth. This pre-rinse mouthwash helps freshen breath, maintain healthy gums, strengthens & whitens teeth.
- IDEAL FOR DAILY USE: GuruNanda oil pulling is an alcohol free, fluoride free, preservative free, cruelty free ayurvedic recipe that contains no artificial flavors, making it safe and easy to use daily for long-term oral care. It is recommended to oil pull at the beginning of your day on an empty stomach up to 10 minutes a day for ultimate benefits. This specific formula is a holistic way of taking care of your oral hygiene.
- HOW TO USE & WHO CAN USE: GuruNanda pulling oil formula comes with a measuring cup. Simply pour 15 mL of pulling oil into your measuring cup & swish for 2 minutes to 10 minutes depending on your comfort. Do NOT swallow. Spit the oil in a bin to avoid clogging of pipes. Immediately after, brush your teeth with the GuruNanda Butter on Gums Toothbrush. It is safe for all ages (children under 12 requires supervision). Use on a daily basis to enjoy the natural & traditional benefits of pulling oil.
- CERTIFIED & TRUSTWORTHY: All GuruNanda pulling oils undergo a strict quality control process to investigate for its color, appearance, taste & odor and are proudly made in USA. In addition, a 3rd party quality control team inspects for microbiology and heavy metals testing. We take pride in blending pure & natural, ethically sourced, globally-farmed ayurvedic ingredients to bring the highest quality product for you, which is safe for both adults and kids below 12 years of age (under supervision)
- It is formulated with olaplex bond building chemistry
- It restores internal strength and moisture levels to add incredible shine and manageability
- It is recommended for all hair types
- Clinically Proven: Clinically proven to control flaking, scaling and itching from dandruff. Nizoral is so powerful it can even control severe dandruff.
- Controls Scalp Fungus: Nizoral is different because it doesn’t just address the symptoms, it gets right to the root of dandruff as it kills the fungus that causes it.
- Ketoconazole 1%: The only over the counter dandruff shampoo with Ketoconazole 1%, a clinically proven, powerful dandruff fighting ingredient.
- 10X More Effective: The active ingredient in Nizoral is 10X more effective at killing scalp fungus, the primary cause of dandruff, than the active ingredient in the leading dandruff shampoo based on lab testing (not a product to product comparison)
- Gentle On Hair: Gentle enough to use on color treated, chemically processed, or gray hair. Clean fresh scent and you only have to use it 2x per week.
- Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier – Hydrate 2x faster than water alone with Hydration Multiplier, a great-tasting electrolyte drink powder with five essential vitamins and 3x the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks. Whether you’re in need of hydration for exercise, travel, or long nights, Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier packets have you covered.
- Great taste -Lemon Lime Hydration Multiplier is the flavor that started it all. This sunny mix of citrus flavors is equal parts zesty and refreshing. An instant fan favorite.
- Cellular Transport Technology – The science of Cellular Transport Technology (CTT), used in Liquid I.V. products, is based on an optimal ratio of ingredients designed to enhance rapid absorption of water and other key ingredients into your body. Thanks to this rapid delivery system, Hydration Multiplier helps provide faster, more efficient hydration.
- Non-GMO and made with premium ingredients – Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder Drink Mix is made with natural flavors and has no artificial colors or sweeteners. Every serving contains 5 essential vitamins: vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12 and vitamin C. It's also gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free.
- On-the-go hydration – Enjoy convenient, on-the-go hydration with Hydration Multiplier. These single-serving, travel-friendly stick packets are perfect for taking to the gym, sports games, and long flights. Pour one easy-to-open stick packet into 16oz of water, mix or shake, and hydrate.
- Global impact – Liquid I.V. believes equitable access to clean and abundant water is the foundation of a healthier world. We prioritize partnerships with leading water, humanitarian, and community-based organizations to fund and foster innovative solutions to help communities protect both their water and their futures.
- FIGHTS BAD BREATH: TheraBreath Fresh Breath Mouthwash fights bad breath for 24 hours when used every 12 hours after brushing and flossing
- DENTIST FORMULATED: Dr. Katz created the TheraBreath formulas in 1993 to help his own daughter with her bad breath
- ADA ACCEPTED: Our alcohol-free, non-burning formula is powered by oxygen, and is ADA accepted to help reduce bad breath
- RESTORE CONFIDENCE: TheraBreath believes you should define success any way you please. We exist to motivate you to go get it!
- IT'S A BETTER MOUTHWASH: Try the #1 fastest growing mouthwash brand in the USA (data on file)
- #1 Cardiologist, Doctor, and Pharmacist Recommended Beet Brand for Heart Health Support According to IQVIA ProVoice Survey August 2022.
- Support Blood Pressure & Energy: Powered by clinically researched French Grape Seed Extract, the unique antioxidant compound in SuperBeets Heart Chews
- Plant-Based: The clinically studied polyphenols in plant-based, non-GMO, caffeine-free SuperBeets Heart Chews may support Nitric Oxide production. Support healthy circulation & blood pressure support by helping protect Nitric Oxide levels. The unique Grape Seed Extract in each chew may also help prevent destruction of Nitric Oxide by free radicals
- French Grape Seed Extract & Non-GMO Beet Root Powder: Each serving delivers 150mg clinically researched Grape Seed Extract from the famous Loire Valley in France, and 500mg of USA-grown, premium beet root powder
- Delicious, Fun Portable Beet Chews: SuperBeets Heart Chews are individually wrapped, making them the perfect on-the-go convenience. These soft chews have a natural, pomegranate berry flavor with no artificial sweeteners. Each bag contains 60 total chews (30 servings)
- THE BEST ELECTROLYTE DRINK MIX EVER: LMNT is a tasty electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. LMNT is perfect for anyone interested in a keto, low-carb or intermittent fasting lifestyle, and a gluten-free diet. Our electrolyte supplement fights against the low-carb fatigue and keto fog to keep energy levels high
- WINTER HYDRATION NEEDS: Hydration is critical during the colder months; due to drier air, cold-induced diuresis, or a simple lack of water, it's important to stay salty year round. When spending time at or below freezing temps, be mindful that you likely need to intake more electrolytes even when you're not necessarily feeling thirsty
- INGREDIENTS THAT WORK FOR YOU: At LMNT, we like to cut through the BS. We are committed to no sugar, no gluten, no fillers, and no artificial ingredients. Our products are carefully formulated with the perfect ratio of sodium, potassium, and magnesium
- DEVELOPED BY ROBB WOLF AND KETOGAINS. Traditional electrolyte drinks don't meet the standards of our active life, so we created LMNT with zero sugar, fillers, or artificial ingredients. Born from a need, backed by science, and built for you
- HOW TO USE: Mix one packet with 16 ounces of water (or more, depending on preference). May not be suitable for those following a low-sodium diet or those directed by a physician to follow a low-sodium diet
- Once Daily Probiotics for Women: Our probiotic is designed specifically for feminine health & overall digestive health. 6 diverse strains (50B CFU), D-Mannose, Pro-Cran, & organic prebiotics provide you with the feminine support you deserve.
- A True Women's Probiotic: Our probiotic contains 6 Targeted strains & organic prebiotics - synergistically working together to support gut health. Expertly crafted to support urinary tract health, occasional constipation, diarrhea, gas & bloating!
- Survives the Gut: From start to finish - this probiotic is designed to survive the gut & maximize the colonization of our strains. We use a shelf-stable bottle, acid-resistant capsules, and 50 Billion Colony forming units (CFU) to achieve this!
- Backed By Science - Our probiotics are crafted based on scientific research. We have partnered with a network of expert physicians to help review our products & research. We strive to educate & help you with informed decisions regarding your health.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our womens probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured with love & care in the USA with strict quality control - using imported and domestic ingredients.
History of the Detox Tea
The history of Detox tea cannot be defined if we skip the history of tea. Here is the history of tea.
History of tea.
Being a very ancient drink, tea was discovered when a leaf from a wild tree blew in the boiling water pot of Shen Nung. In this way, tea was first discovered in 2732 B.C. The great taste, refreshing properties and amazing aroma made it a popular drink all over the world.
History of detox tea
The ancient people had significant knowledge about things, at first, they used different metals for the process of detoxification of toxins from the body near 2000 B.C. As they knew about the harmful effects of those metals, they kept on changing the methods.
When tea was discovered, the methods changed and the skilled individuals from the field of herbalism started using different herbs for this purpose.
With scientific advancements, now we know all about every herb and now mostly herbs are used in healthy and the best detox teas.
How are the best detox teas made?
There are many different types of tea and each of them needs different herbs or plants to be processed. The production of good quality detox tea is a professional job to do.
To deliver good quality, professionals are required for different kinds of work. Here we will discuss the process of production of healthy and chemical-free detox tea in detail.
Selecting and picking the herbs
This is one of the most crucial steps in the production of detox tea. Mostly detox tea has more than one herb in it. It is very important to get the best quality herbs for making the best detox tea.
The companies select different places in the world for different herbs. Professionals pick only the best quality herbs and tea leaves from there. These leaves are then further processed for making the detox tea.
Right after the leaves are plucked, they need to be dried. This is to remove the excess water from them. The process of removing the excess water is known as Withering.
This is done by either placing the leaves in a room with a cool breeze or the leaves are placed under direct sunlight.
This process of removal of excess water from the leaves has serious effects on the taste of the detox tea.
Oxidation of the leaves
The process of oxidation is mainly responsible for the taste, strength, and the aroma of tea. Here first the leaves are required to be prepared. In the process of preparation, the leaves are torn to provide better oxidation. There are different methods used for preparing the leaves for the oxidation process.
Some of those methods are:
- Tumbling the leaves in baskets.
- Most commonly tossing and shaking them in trays made of bamboo.
This process releases some juices and oils in the leaves that help in better oxidation. Now the process of oxidation starts. Here the leaves are left in a room. The room is mostly climate controlled to make the leaves better. In this period, the leaves change their color and become fermented.
This process can be stopped as per the demand of the quality of tea. More oxidation means stronger tea.
This is the step where the oxidative enzymes of tea are deactivated. Usually, this is done by increasing the temperature of the leaves. This helps in removing the unwanted smell of the leaves but at the same time, it preserves the aroma and taste of tea.
Shaping the tea leaves
The tea leaves and the other herbs that are then processed are rolled in shape. This process enhances the taste and aroma of tea by making some oils out of the leaves.
As dry leaves are rolled, they can be rolled by using automated rollers or by hands as well.
Drying the leaves
Here the leaves are left to dry. This is a part that also needs some care because the producers do not want to over-dry the leaves.
This might kill the taste of tea so proper methods are used for drying the leaves. The most common and efficient one is to bake the leaves.
Curing the tea
In the production of teas like detox tea and green tea, the leaves and herbs are needed to be aged. This is because these teas are required to have some flavor and most probably sweetness to them.
This process kills any bitter tastes or smells from the tea. If some additional flavors are required to be added in tea at this time, these are sprayed over the leaves.
Removal of stems
After all the steps above are executed, the leaves are now checked for any kind of physical impurities. These impurities can be any unwanted damage to the leaves or the stems of leaves. These are removed to make the quality of tea better.
Grinding and packaging
When every step is successfully executed, the tea is ready to be ground. Here the dried leaves are crushed into fine grains. These grains are then packed in tea bags or big packets. Now they are ready to be used.
Types of best detox tea
Many different types of detox teas are sold. Here we will discuss how they can be distinguished and the most common types of them. For the best detox tea, the ingredients are the most important thing.
These ingredients describe what type of tea you are using and how useful, beneficial, or harmful it is. Here are some types of detox tea.
Caffeine-free detox tea
This type of detox tea is well known because it says that there is no caffeine used in the production. Caffeine is a natural part of tea leaves but to produce caffeine-free detox tea, it is removed during the process of production.
This ingredient of the tea leaves makes you feel more attentive as it is a nerve stimulus. But long-term usage of caffeine can cause different health issues like addiction.
Herbal detox tea
Herbal detox tea has all herbal ingredients, but some are beneficial for your body. On the other hand, some might not be as beneficial as they should be.
Ayurvedic detox tea
The ayurvedic detox teas have herbs that are a part of the world’s most historic medicines. This type of herbal tea has great healing properties for our bodies.
Medicated detox tea
The medicated detox tea has some medicines added to the detox tea. This might seem helpful in quick weight loss. But this tea might have some very bad side effects for your body.
That is the reason it must be ignored while selecting the best detox tea. This is because of the laxative effects of this type of tea over long-term usage.
All-natural Detox tea
This is the best type of detox tea because everything used in the production is kept as pure and healthy as possible. Moreover, this tea does not have any severe side effects if you use it within the limits.
Materials used in the best detox teas
There are many types of detox teas. All of them are differentiated according to the type of ingredients used in them. Here we will enlighten some ingredients that are mostly used in different detox teas.
Tea leaves are mostly used in the detox teas that are marketed as green tea-detox tea. In other types of detox tea, the probability of using tea leaves is reduced because they are replaced by other herbs.
Herbs are one of the main ingredients of the detox tea. There are many kinds of herbs used in the production of the green tea. Here are some of them:
- Milk Thistle.
Each of these herbs has amazing detoxification peripeties and all of them have special properties for removing toxins from different parts of our body.
Among these herbs, senna helps in cleansing the system of our body and stimulating weight loss by its powerful laxatives. Dandelion is known to improve the bile production and hope the liver to remove toxins from our body more efficiently.
Artichoke is also known to aid the removal of toxins from the body by improving bile production. Milk thistle and burdock are also known to be beneficial for our liver.
Caffeine being a part of the tea leaves themselves, is additionally added in some detox teas. This is because it is known to make us active by awakening our brain. But it can also be bad for our body over long-term usage.
Medicines and chemicals
In some detox teas, medicines and chemicals like ephedra are added. These types of detox teas are only suitable when these are prescribed by doctors themselves. Otherwise using them can cause different side effects.
Tips to use the best detox teas
Using detox tea is not very efficient if you are not taking the right health measures with using it. Here are some little tips and tricks that you can follow to increase the efficiency of your detox tea routine.
Keep yourself hydrated
While you are on your detox routine, your body is going through so much. You are looking at water from your body in many ways. To encounter this problem, you must keep drinking all kinds of healthy liquids. This will keep your body well hydrated and healthy.
Do not reduce your healthy intake of food
Many people are in a hurry to cut fats from their body. To make things fast, they stop eating their healthy diet or reduce it significantly. The detox diet is already reducing a large amount of water and toxins from your body.
This is the time when you need to keep your body energetic. This is because some bodies are not healthy and detox tea can have some severe side effects.
Continuing with your healthy diet will help your body to fight against these harmful effects. It will also keep you healthy and active.
Regular exercise with detoxing work charms
Detox tea is efficiently removing toxins from your body. If you make an exercise routine, you can significantly increase the efficiency of your body for removing toxins and losing fats.
With your healthy diet, detox tea intake, and regular exercise routine you can lose body fats very quickly. The best part about this routine is that all the weight reduction will be very healthy for you.
Your rest is as essential as exercise is
A good sleep is very helpful in cutting fats in your body. With taking detox tea, you must improve the timing and quality of your daily sleep. You should sleep for at least 8 hours.
With a good sleeping routine, you will be able to see all the good results from your detox tea.
Brewing method of the best detox teas
The method of brewing your detox tea is as important as consuming it is. You cannot simply make a cup of detox tea like you make regular tea.
The procedure here is a little bit different that activates the best functionality of the detox tea.
The best method of making detox is as follows:
- Place the tea in your cup (it does not matter if you are using loose tea or tea bags).
- Heat the water no more than 90 degrees C.
- It is a good practice to cool the water a bit before adding it to your cup.
- Put the water in a cup and let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Now you can add flavoring agents like honey or lemon.
This was the best method for brewing the best detox teas. Now you can enjoy your fresh cup of tea.
Give attention to brewing the best detox teas
While you are making your detox tea in the best possible way, there are some little details that you could have been missing. These are enlightened here.
Water is the thing that matters the most. A good quality water used for brewing can enhance the detox tea experience. Likewise, bad quality water can ruin the whole experience. The best practice here is to use only the best water that is accessible to you.
Fresher the better
If you are the person who likes to make detox tea and store it in the refrigerator. Then you are doing it all wrong. The best way of consuming detox tea is to make it fresh every time you use it.
This will provide you with better aroma, taste, and a fresh cup of detox tea every time. Another benefit here is that you can make a different flavor every time that will keep you from getting bored from your detox tea.
Reasons to use the best detox teas
Many people have this question if the detox teas are beneficial or not. Whether they should use them or not. Here are some reasons that might convince you of using the detox teas.
The detox teas are very effective for removing toxins from your body. Most of the herbs used in making the detox teas are known to improve bile production. This helps the liver to clean our body by removing all the harmful toxins from the body.
The detox teas are also amazing for the people who have issues in their digestive system. Along with cleaning the body, the detox teas can also be very helpful with problems like constipation.
Cleanses your body naturally
Although you can use different treatments and supplements for removing the toxins from your body. The best detox teas can do it all for you without any additional thing needed. These are very easy to prepare and s simple detox tea diet can help you in cleansing your body.
The best part is that if you are using the herbal detox tea, there are good chances that there will be no side effects like medicines.
You can also take help from it in losing weight
While the detox tea is helping in removing the excess tea and sodium from your body. It is also working to remove the excess fats from your body. By taking the detox tea, your metabolism rate increases, and a little exercise will help you in efficiently losing weight.
Using the detox tea can also be very motivating for the people who have issues in losing bodyweight. This is because they can see results for their hard work and exercise.
You will change your whole lifestyle
Most of the time, people are unable to give up on their bad habits. These bad habits can be anything from eating unhealthy food to bad routines. After you use detox tea, there are good chances that you will be impressed by the results that it has on your body.
It will not only motivate you for the time being, but it might help you in getting better eating habits and improved exercise routine.
It is beneficial for your organs.
As the herbs used in the best detox teas are known to improve the performance of different parts of our body. This means that the detox tea is making things easier for different systems of our body. The detox tea is great for our digestive system and our liver.
On the other hand, it is also known that detox tea increases metabolism. This means that it can also cut bad fats from our body.
By taking out the bad fats like cholesterol from our body the detox tea is great for our heart, brain, and other organs as well.
Frequently asked questions about the detox teas
Here are some questions that are mostly asked about the best detox teas.
Do You need to focus on your diet while you are taking detox tea?
Yes, it is very important to take care of what you are eating when you are on your detox. Eating foods that are healthy and energetic and skipping junk food can be very helpful in making your body healthy.
Is there anything that you will need to stop taking?
Yes, things like alcohol and coffee are very bad for the liver. When you are on your detox, your body tends to produce more bile. If you do not stop using these things, the detox tea will not be very efficient.
Is it good to use detox tea for the long-term?
No, the long-term usage of the detox tea can have some problems for your body. The best practice is to detox your body only twice a year. If you want to, you can detox your body again, but it is not good to keep doing it continuously.
How efficient is the detox tea for losing weight?
People think that detox tea will instantly make them slim. This is not true; it can help a lot by increasing the metabolism. You will still need to follow a healthy diet and a proper exercise routine.
When should I detox my body?
There is no fixed time for detoxing. You can select the time when you are most comfortable with the routine of having a daily exercise routine. The best season is spring because of the moderate temperature.
People usually think if detoxing is beneficial or not. But the truth is that it is yourself who can make a change in your body.
Detox tea is just an agent that can surprisingly help you in achieving your body goals while making it toxins free. Here we shared with you some amazing factors that you can use when you detox.