- 1 Top 10 Best Coffees For Cold Brew
- 2 History of Cold Brew Coffee
- 3 Cold Brew Coffee: What it is and How it is Made
- 4 Types of Cold Brew Coffee
- 4.1 Lifeboost Coffee the Healthiest Coffee for Cold Brew
- 4.2 Coffee Bros. the Freshest Coffee for Cold Brew
- 4.3 Stone Street Best Coffee for Cold Brew
- 4.4 Bizzy Best Organic Coffee
- 4.5 Tiny Footprint Best Unique Coffee Cold Press Elixir
- 4.6 Real Best Overall Coffee Breakfast Blend
- 4.7 Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory Blend
- 4.8 Chosen Bean Cold Brew Coffee
- 5 Materials Needed for Making Cold Brew Coffee
- 6 Cold Brew Coffee Brewing Method
- 7 Reasons to Enjoy Cold Brew Coffee
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
Cold brewing coffee is a quick method to make a delicious iced cup of joe. Over the last decade or more, the cold coffee drink has become very common in the United States.
Cold brewed coffee is a wonderful method of coffee brewing that provides less acidity in the final brew product. Today most countries have their own cold coffee brews most of which involve hot water and ice.
You don’t necessarily need to enjoy a hot cuppa every morning or even throughout the day when you can enjoy some of the best coffee for a cold brew that is available.
The market these days has hundreds and hundreds of types that you can pick from that have been blended and invented over the years, which includes the icy version as well.
This will hit the spot much better than an icy glass of water no matter what you think and it will have the same aroma as a hot cup.
The top thing about the icy version is that the acidity is going to be much lower than the hot version without compromising on the flavor.
This means that you need to be aware of what the best coffee for cold brew options are and which one would work the best for your needs.
Here is our comprehensive guide for helping you to not only choose the right beans but also to know more about the history and much more.
Top 10 Best Coffees For Cold Brew
- Allergen Information: Almonds Free
- QUICK, VERSATILE & SUPER EASY: Simply pour 1-2 teaspoons of our Javy Coffee Concentrate into water or milk and your coffee is ready to go in just seconds. No coffee grounds, no mess, no preparation, and no brewing equipment needed.
- RICH & SMOOTH COFFEE FLAVOR: Javy packs tasty, 100% arabica, specialty coffee flavor into a bottle that is consistent with each and every pour. Every sip will taste like you're drinking freshly made ice or hot coffee. No more bitterness & acidic aftertaste. Only ultra-smooth classic coffee taste!
- PREMIUM QUALITY COFFEE: Quality comes first! Javy coffee liquid is made of ultra-pure water, 100% arabica freshest beans and cacao extract sourced from small reliable farmers. There are no artificial additives involved during our proprietary brewing process.
- 60mg PER SERVING: In just one teaspoon there is 60mg of caffeine which is equivalent to one cup of coffee with a consistent flavor profile. Waking the morning zombie has never been so easy and delicious.
- BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK: Want the same great coffee taste right at home without the expensive price tag? Each bottle contains up to 30 servings of coffee concentrate which is 3x more servings than our competitors. With Javy Coffee, you're only spending around 60 cents/cup meaning you get to enjoy premium specialty coffee every day without breaking the bank!
- PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY COFFEE LOVER: Our product is made in the USA and does not consist of any additives, sugars, or harmful chemicals - just pure flavorful coffee. Javy is an ideal and non-risky gift for all the coffee lovers out there
- STORAGE & CONSUMPTION: Once our coffee concentrate is opened, make sure to store it in the refrigerator and use it within 4-6 weeks. Each bottle contains up to 30 servings of coffee concentrate and is a great alternative to instant coffee.
- Starbucks Cold Brew iced coffee
- Brewed cold from a custom blend of beans for a smoother flavor
- Black unsweetened flavor
- Perfect for enjoying at home, work, or on the go. Beverage container material- Metal
- Includes six 11 oz glass bottles
- READY TO DRINK: Experience the full taste and texture of a true cold draft latte in 12 convenient, pre-made, chilled cans. Packaging may vary.
- REAL INGREDIENTS: Nutrient-rich, gluten-free, lactose-free milk used in every can. Only 100 calories inside each coffee drink.
- THE NEXT GENERATION OF COFFEE: We use nitrous oxide to create a consistently silky, thick texture. A specially designed sip-thru lid heightens the experience with every sip.
- GET YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE: Stay caffeinated while enjoying 5 grams of protein in each can of coffee.
- SAVE MONEY, GET MORE: Get the most bang for your buck with the equivalent of 1.5 cups of coffee in each cold-pressed espresso drink.
- Specialty Instant Coffee - Saturnbird’s specialty coffee (Red Dot Award, 2020) is roasted fresh daily. With Saturnbird’s Super Extraction freeze-drying technology, it allows us to retain the flavor details of the coffee. Undoubtedly, it tastes just like freshly ground coffee that you get in the café.
- Premium & Natural - Our unique method of creating a delicious cup of coffee is all-natural and healthy. There are no additives and they all are sugar-free. You will be able to enjoy the signature taste of a 100% Arabica coffee powder.
- Iced Water dissolve instantly- Unlike regular instant coffee, only 3-second, Saturnbird’s Super Instant Coffee can quickly dissolve in iced water to blend an iced coffee. You can mix it also with oat milk or soda water to make a cup of cappuccino, mocha, latte, or pretty much any other amazing coffee beverage to your liking.
- 6 Different coffee roast flavors - We’ve got 6 flavors, ranging from light roast (#1, 30%) to dark roast (#6, 100%)! Each mini cup is filled with coffee powder that is made from various high-quality coffee beans.
- Convenient Package- Each cup is individually packaged in a lightweight and portable container, which is very convenient to put in your pocket or bag for camping and traveling. 24 single-serve packets, 2.54 ounces.
- Recommended amount of liquid: 9.5-10 fl oz.
- One 10 oz. bag of Gevalia Guatemalan Single Origin Special Reserve Coarse Ground Coffee
- Gevalia Special Reserve Guatemala Medium Roast Coarse Ground Coffee provides the perfect care for the perfect cup
- Our Guatemalan medium roast coffee releases an aroma to fill your home
- Made from 100% Arabica coffee beans sourced exclusively from high-altitude mountains of Guatemala
- All of our ground coffee bags use slow roasted, snap cooled beans to lock in flavor and aroma
- Ground Guatemalan coffee perfect for French press and automatic drip brewing machines
- Every bag of medium roast ground coffee is great for those keeping Kosher
- Resealable bag of ground coffee with fresh lock tin tie retains flavor and aroma
- Single-origin Guatemalan coffee is Rainforest Alliance Certified
- A medium-bodied coffee with earthy, smoky notes and a hint of cocoa
- Includes 12 (13.7oz) bottles of Starbucks Frappuccino, Coffee flavor
- An indulgent blend of creamy milk and real brewed Starbucks coffee.
- Inspired by a classic enjoyed in our cafes everyday
- Made with the finest arabica coffee beans.
- Flavor that Pops that Starbucks Coffee feeling Made Ready
- DELICIOUS, SMOOTH COLD BREW COFFEE: Coffee shop quality cold brew coffee at the push of a button. Suprisingly smooth. We are pretty sure this is the best cold brew coffee on the market; so sure, that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction with all of our products. Just get in touch!
- STAYS FRESH AFTER OPENING: Our packaging is designed to keep your cold brew fresh for up to 30 days after you tap the box by keeping air and light away from your cold brew.
- ORGANIC, HEALTHY, CLEAN LABEL: Just organic Arabica coffee beans and filtered water. Sugar-free, dairy-free, no unnecessary ingredients or additives. Paleo, Whole30, Keto, and whatever-lifestyle-is-in-trend compliant (unless there’s an anti-coffee lifestyle in the future, but who would do that to themselves? Not you).
- EXTRA STRONG: Our cold brew has 150 mg of caffeine per 6 oz. serving. That’s two espresso shots right there. And you get about 16 glasses of cold brew in the 96oz box.
- SHELF-STABLE: Our cold brew can be kept at room temperatures until after you open it. This means you can buy in bulk and store it.
- AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE: Our amazing team of humans stands by everything we make. If you have any issues or questions, please email us or get in touch through our website, and we'll make it right 100% of the time.
- Pumpkin Pie Sauce: Tthe season to give thanks for a delicious harvest treat. Reminiscent of the classic American dessert - embodying the rich taste of pumpkin pie filling with complements of nutmeg, cinnamon and other warm spices.
- Rich & Decadent: Torani Pumpkin Pie Sauce is the perfect autumn flavor to spice up your lattes, brewed coffees, milk and much more.
- Embrace Your Inner Flavorista: We make a wide array of syrups & sauces in tantalizing flavors to help you create your own homemade coffeehouse favorites, fruity delights, & custom soda creations.
- Authentic Coffeehouse Flavor: From caramel to French vanilla to hazelnut & everything in between, our syrups & sauces are here to help you create tantalizing lattes, cappuccinos, cold brews & frappes.
- No Compromise: Crafted with no artificial preservatives, no artificial colors, and no GMOs, Puremade Sauces are amazing flavor without compromise.
- ENGINEERED FOR COLD BREW - Coarse ground coffee optimized for cold brewing to give you a consistent, extra smooth cold brew
- BREW YOUR WAY - Brew your cold brew how you would like. Add more water for a less strong cold brew or less water for a stronger beverage.
- 100% ORGANIC - USDA Organic, ethically sourced coffee from Guatemala, Peru, and Nicaragua.
- SMOOTH AND SWEET - Arabica beans roasted medium with notes of caramel and hazelnut.
- BIZZY COFFEE FOR BUSY PEOPLE - Mastering the cold brew craft, Bizzy Coffee will give you the highest quality cold brew coffee at the best price
History of Cold Brew Coffee
You need to be aware of the history that comes along with the best coffee for cold brew and back in the 1600s the Japanese were already steeping this icy drink.
It was often called Kyoto-style and the record about where this started before the 1600s is vague, which means they could have learned this trick from anywhere.
The Dutch-based traders would have used this method to carry the drink with them on the ships that they were navigating so they always had some available.
This drink is often steeped drop by drop and single drops of water are dropped into the grounds one by one, which means that it takes longer than other types.
This has been popular in the US for around 10 years or so now and it makes it simpler for cafes to steep and then serve up for their customers. It is often made with milk and some sugar while containing the same amount of caffeine as the hot versions.
This is a good way to enjoy your cup without having to feel overly hot, especially if you live in a humid, dry and hot environment.
Cold Brew Coffee: What it is and How it is Made
When you think of a cup of joe everyone assumes that you mean the hot version, but there are some options that you can drink with ice.
This is where the best coffee for cold brew comes into play and this is a basic version of the hot drink that is either blended with ice or even steeped for more than 12 hours to get the full taste.
This can be mixed with a few different things to make it better, including ice cubes, ice cream, and more. This is made easier by putting the ground beans into a large container and then steeping them for at least 12 hours.
The longer you leave it to steep, then the stronger it will be and you can enjoy this drink by leaving it in the fridge or even adding some ice cubes to take the temperature down.
This is popular in the hotter areas of the world and for those who like the more subtle flavor.
Types of Cold Brew Coffee
Another thing that you need to know is exactly what the best coffee for cold brew options is that you can choose from that would make the best cup. Here are just a few of the top options that you can look at, including:
Lifeboost Coffee the Healthiest Coffee for Cold Brew
This option has Maragogipe beans from Nicaragua that are low in acid and contains 12 probiotic strains, which gives it an extraordinary taste.
The trees for the beans are planted in some volcanic soil and are then harvested, peeled and washed thoroughly by hand. These beans are often thought to be premium because they have the top quality of the traditional Arabica.
However, these beans are nearly 3 times bigger than any other type of Arabica beans, which means they are ideal for a coarser grind. Check Their Shop Here
The coarser the grind, then the better it will work for the icy steeping and it allows for excellent extraction. This bean gives a balanced, yet bitter and strong flavor while being soft and delicate to ensure that your next icy cup is as delicious as the last.
Coffee Bros. the Freshest Coffee for Cold Brew
This blend is made from Ethiopian and Brazilian Arabica beans and they are thought to be the leading countries in delicious beans. This means that the final outcome is going to have a unique flavor when it is steeped.
They use the traditional methods for drying the beans after they are harvested so the beans can absorb the cherry pulp aroma, which gives a higher level of sweetness.
The beans are also specially roasted so that the taste and extraction are better. The flavor that you will enjoy with this brand is chocolate along with berries and even some brown sugar if you know what you are looking for.
Stone Street Best Coffee for Cold Brew
This brand comes from New York and it been open and creating blends for around 10 years, but they already make amazing, delicious top blends.
They worked hard to ensure that the flavor profile of this specific blend was selected carefully and then sorted out, which means you are getting premium beans at a price that is affordable.
The beans that are used here are single-origin that comes from Colombia, which has the most fragrance and the highest possible quality process for manufacturing allows them to keep the taste and aroma intact.
Bizzy Best Organic Coffee
The beans that are used in this organic blend have the perfect coarse texture, which means that the drink will have more smoothness and uniformity with more intense characteristics in the taste.
The beans that are chosen for this blend go through numerous stages of choosing and then filtration before they are divided into smaller groups to be roasted. Read Here: Top 3 Best Bizzy Organic Coffee
It is made with Arabica that is roasted in a mixture of dark, medium, and light roast to give you a larger variety to enjoy.
Tiny Footprint Best Unique Coffee Cold Press Elixir
If you are looking for something rich, then this is the top option since it has a unique formula. It has a silky and sweet aroma with some notes of flowers, fruits and cocoa that you can enjoy at home.
This is grown for production on some small farms owned and run by families, which means the beans are going to be of a higher quality than others.
The growing process along with the actual processing and roasting of the beans makes for a great blend that gives you a delicious taste in every sip.
Real Best Overall Coffee Breakfast Blend
This brand has over more than 30 years when it comes to be an expertise for achieving the perfect taste and they use only proven plantations.
They also use select raw materials that are picked by the experts, which means you are going to get the top line beans only.
They also use their very own special method for roasting where the beans are constantly being rotated during the process to give them a consistent and even roast.
This has a citrusy taste with some chocolate and cream notes that make this a perfect blend to drink on a daily basis.
The flavor and the aroma develop more over time while the icy concentration is steeping, so make sure that you are enjoying it and letting it sit for as long as possible.
This can also be used for various bean-based types of drinks as well not just the icy version.
Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory Blend
Chicory has been used for many years since it has some great medicinal uses, especially on your immune system and it can strengthen your digestive system while consuming it.
This blend combines some of the top beans along with chicory, which lets you not only enjoy the taste and the aroma but also increases the strength of your entire body. This has a minimal level of acidity while having an earthy, herbal rich taste.
This is something that might not work for you if you want a distinct or great taste, but it would be ideal for avid lovers want to enjoy the drink while staying healthy.
When you use this particular blend you want to make sure that you are using the grounds to make your icy drink right away and use the remainder within a few weeks.
Chosen Bean Cold Brew Coffee
This blend has a unique flavor due to combining a wide variety of flavors and beans that come from Guatemala, Mexico, Ethiopia and Sumatra.
This will give you the perfect icy cup that you can enjoy since the main flavor is nuts and chocolate along with some lighter notes of orange, berries, sugar, and coconut.
This is made of 100% Arabica beans of the highest quality so you are getting the highest level of flavor you possibly can enjoy.
Materials Needed for Making Cold Brew Coffee
There are going to be a few materials that you need to ensure that you are steeping and enjoying the best coffee for cold brew that you can make.
You should know what these materials are so that you can have them ready and waiting when the entire process is done. Some of the top items to have ready includes:
If you aren’t purchasing a blend that is already ground up for you, then you want to make sure you have a grinder. It should be easy to use and you should be able to choose how coarse you want the beans to be ground without a lot of effort.
The beans need to be coarse to ensure that they release the most flavor and that they are easy to strain out.
- Large container
You are also going to want to have a large container that would allow you to place all of the ground beans inside. You need to have a container large enough that you can fit the total amount of water without it overflowing and one that should be easy to use.
You also need to consider how you can strain the final liquid and how you can dispense it and glass is going to be a good material to use.
Another item that you want to have is a strainer since the grinds are going to be mixed with the water.
You should think about straining the entire liquid first to get out the larger pieces of the ground beans and then use a smaller strainer to get the smaller pieces out.
This is important since you don’t want to drink any of the grinds, but instead you want to throw them away.
- Filtered water
Also, depending on where you live you might want to use filtered water if you think the tap water is going to be unusable. Make sure that you are thinking about this beforehand so that you can have the water ready, which might mean bringing in bottled water.
This is important since you aren’t going to be heating the water as you would normally that would make the water cleaner, but instead, drink it just like it is.
These are just a few of the top materials and equipment that you are going to need to have on hand when you are going to steep your ground beans.
You also want to make sure that you have any items that you want to mix into the combination either while it is steeping or afterward. The more items you have on hand, then the easier the entire process will be.
Cold Brew Coffee Brewing Method
There is one method that you can use create the perfect cup from the best coffee for cold brew and you need to know how.
This method is simple and it requires you to have the beans ground up into a coarse texture and then added to the bottom of any glass container.
You would want to add the right amount of ground beans for the number of cups that you are attempting to make, which should be equal to the amount of water.
The suggested amount of grounds to water is 8 ounces of ground beans for every 8 cups of water, which is 1 ounce per cup. You want to keep the grounds on the bottom of the container and then pour the water into it.
Make sure that you are keeping from shaking or stirring it too much after the grounds have settled to the bottom. Place the container into the fridge or other chilled area for at least 12 hours, but overnight is going to be perfect.
After the steeping is completed you are going to want to slowly strain the mixture to get out all of the ground beans and it should be done in small batches. When this is done, then you can take the amount that you want out and enjoy it!
Reasons to Enjoy Cold Brew Coffee
There are always reasons that you are going to want to enjoy some of the best coffee for a cold brew that is offered. Some of the top reasons include:
- Cools your body down
When you are drinking the icy version, then you are going to be able to cool down your body. This is going to be important if you are in a hot environment where a hot drink would just make you warmer.
You can get the same amount of caffeine from this drink without overheating your body.
- Contains antioxidants
Antioxidants are good for your body and you can get just as much when you drink the icy version as the hot.
This will make sure that your body is getting all of the possible antioxidants that can fight off inflammation from any ailments you have like atherosclerosis, cancer, or even arthritis.
- Boosts your memory
When you are having memory issues, then you are going to want to enjoy a few cups daily. This will help with boosting the areas of your brain that deal with memory as well as concentration since it can give you the necessary surges.
- Liver and heart health
If you want to keep yourself healthy, then this drink is going to make sure that your liver and heart are kept healthy. The antioxidants help with this, which includes lowering the inflammation in your entire body that could cause more issues.
- Lower depression
If you are feeling sad or if you have depression, then a few cups of the icy or hot drink would help you.
This will help you because there is a lot of caffeine contained in the drinks that will help the neurotransmitters become active, including dopamine and serotonin that can affect your mood.
These are just a few of the top reasons that you are going to want to think about when you having a few cups daily. If you have the icy drink you will see these benefits just as much as you would if you were having the hot version.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are also numerous questions that you might be having about what makes the best coffee for cold brew or even how long you need to steep it for. Here are some of the main questions that you need to know the answers to, including:
How long is the recommended steeping time?
You are going to want to steep your ground beans in the fridge for at least 12 hours. This would allow the ground beans and the water to mix and you will get a more concentrated liquid that can be mixed with water, sugar and other items after you strain it.
Can I mix the concentrated liquid with hot water?
Once you have the final concentrated liquid you can create any drink that you want with it, including using hot water. This just gives you a different taste than if you were to use a drip machine or other methods of mixing.
What texture of ground beans works for the steeping?
If you are going to buy the beans already ground up, then you want to make sure you are going for a coarse grind. This will ensure that the grinds are big enough that they can be strained out easily without issues and it will allow the flavor to come through.
How long will it last after the steeping is completed?
Another thing to make sure to know is how long you can keep the final liquid in the refrigerator after the steeping is complete.
Normally if you have it in the refrigerator it will stay good for around 7 to 10 days and try to taste a bit before you use it. If it is tasting off, then you don’t want to use it and you should throw it away.
What is the required ratio for beans to water?
You would need to use about 12 ounces of ground beans for every 64 ounces of water. This is a good starting point if you are just beginning with the steeping and you can change up the ratio later if you find that the concentrate is too watery or not strong enough for your liking.
These are just some of the top questions that you would need to know about when you are making a decision about which ground beans are going to work for you and what you need to do for the process.
You always need to make sure that no matter what you are buying and drinking only the best coffee for a cold brew that you can afford.
Enjoying the icy drink is just as good for you as the hot drinks, but it will help to cool you down rather than heat your body up more, which is perfect for hot days.
This has always been around for hundreds of years, but it is becoming more and more popular as time goes by, and as more blends are being created and used.