- 5 Final Words
The manual coffee grinder is one of the best solutions for enjoying fresh coffee in the morning, afternoon, or night, whatever you prefer. We all know that in order to savor the taste of coffee to its fullest, we need to grind the coffee beans, especially the ones that are fresh, and refine them as much as possible.
In order to grind the coffee beans what we need is a coffee grinder, which comes into basic types: electric and manual. In this article, we will explore the best manual coffee grinder, and for that, we will have to look into the specifics, i.e., the designs, types, and quality the best manual coffee grinder could have.
First, let’s take a look at our 10 best manual coffee grinders list, and also we shall look into the history of coffee grinders for a better perspective.
Top 10 Best Manual Coffee Grinders
- Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector The Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse Coffee Company is equipped with over 18 manual grind settings to ensure you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind; great for all coffee brewing methods for that perfect cup of freshly ground coffee to start your day.
- Convenient, Portable & Easy to Use Convenient hand crank mechanism eliminates over 90% of the noise that an electric coffee bean grinder would produce; unlike electric burr grinders for coffee beans, JavaPresse hand coffee grinder requires no batteries, power, or long plastic cords to operate allowing you to enjoy fresh ground coffee beans at home or on the go; perfect for your next camping, hiking, or backpacking trip.
- A Freshly Ground Cup of Coffee to Start Your Day JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders are equipped with a professional grade ceramic conical burr to heighten flavors of the most exquisite coffees in the world; providing an incredibly consistent grind for a variety of brews while making as little noise as possible; smell the fresh aroma of freshly ground coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, Aeropress, French Press or Pour Over Coffee Maker. Ground, Brew, and Enjoy!
- Quality Tested and Built to Last Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented ceramic coffee grinder burr is tested through three quality inspections to last 5x's longer than comparable stainless steel coffee burrs; combined with an impeccable stainless steel frame and convenient size, this coffee burr grinder is at the pinnacle of travel gadgets.
- Enhance your morning experience with the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder Features a built-in adjustable grind selector with 18 adjustable grind settings to craft your perfect cup; this manual burr grinder is built with a patented dual plated ceramic burr assembly that's great for all coffee brewing methods; comes with a manufacturer warranty & 100% money back guarantee.
- Lengthen stainless steel handle saves you effort when grinding beans, providing fun of grinding coffee beans.
- Ceramic burr will not add heat during grinding. the coffee mill can use for longer time and can keep the original flavor of coffee, making this the best choice of coffee lovers.
- Silicon lid is soft to touch and convenient to add beans, and both the brush and scoop can help you enjoy the brew anywhere without further tools. This coffee mill is easy to wash and clean.
- The coffee grinder is adjustable and easy to control. Adjusting grind control can help you get coffee fine or coarse. It all depends on your will.
- The coffee mill can disassemble into parts, all the parts are washable without limit. And two glass jars design are convenient to keep powders or beans during traveling or small party with friends.
- PERFECT HOME MILL: Great for small batch baking or emergency preparedness by grinding wheat, rice, barley and other small, hard dry grains
- COARSE TO FINE: Front dial lets you easily adjust from coarse for cracked grains to fine for bread quality flour
- STABLE ATTACHMENT: Mounting clamp securely attaches to stable surfaces from 1/2 inch to 2 inches thick
- LARGE CAPACITY: Hopper holds up to 4-1/2 cups of grain
- OPTIONAL MOTOR (VKP1024-M2) available separately
- Included components: body with clamp,hopper,crank handle,adjustment knob and tip,milling cone
- 【Hand Crank Grain Mill】: Use this grinder to make fresh and healthy milled grain products in minutes. Manual operation with wooden hand crank, this table mount mill grinder is easy to control and use
- 【Table Clamp Grain Grinder for Easy Using】: Features with clamp-on design, easy to attach to countertop up to 1 1/2 inch thick, adds convenience for using; Designed with a rubber pad keeps mill grinder from scratching the countertop surface
- 【Sturdy and Durable】: Made of high quality cast iron, this manual corn grain grinder is sturdy to use, ensures durability and strong performance, electroplated tin paint makes it rust and corrosion resistant
- 【Wide Application】: Hand crank grind mill grinder is widely used for grinding corn, wheat, oat, barley, grain, nuts, spices, coffee, also can use as peanut butter grinder, great for home kitchen or commercial use
- 【Customer Guarantee】: If you have any problem about the manual corn grain grinder, please feel free to contact us, we will help you solve it out within 24 hours
- PARACITY manual coffee grinder comes with two clear glass jars, convenient to keep powders or beans during outdoors. Silicone lid is soft to touch and convenient to add beans. Nonslip silicone base keeps the coffee mill in place during grinding.
- The coffee grinder has a ceramic burr which ensures a precise, uniform grinding, avoid over heating of the coffee beans, maintain the flavor of coffee to a great extent, making this hand coffee mill the best choice of coffee lovers.
- PARACITY manual coffee grinder with adjustable control help you get fine or coarse coffee powder,ensures you have precision and control the coarseness of coffee beans when making French Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso,Turkish Brew etc.
- Lengthen stainless steel handle save your effort when grinding beans. With no battery, no electric needed, the hand coffee grinder helps you enjoy quiet mornings without any noise.The grinder is removable and assembles easily, which means all parts are washable. Please clean the grinder thoroughly after each use to make the coffee of fresh and flavor.
- Package include: 1* Manual Coffee Grinder, 1*Glass Jar . NOTE!!! The product is made of glass and can be easily damaged during shipping. If you find the goods damaged or dissatisfied after receiving the goods, please sent message to us through Amazon for replacement.
- ☕ FRESH GROUND COFFEE WHEREVER YOU ARE: This manual coffee grinder is great because it’s portable, noise-free, and produces much less heat than traditional electric coffee grinders, thus you get a more flavorful cup of joe.
- ☕ QUICKLY ADJUST THE SIZE OF COFFEE BEANS: Use the settings to find the perfect bean size for your coffee brewing needs. With the turn of the handle, you’ll produce perfectly coarse ground coffee beans every time.
- ☕ UNMATCHED CRAFTSMANSHIP, BUILT TO LAST: You’ll notice a difference in quality and design after your first use. This espresso grinder is well made and unique design with razor-sharp stainless steel blades that are tough as nails.
- ☕ STYLISH DESIGN WILL ENHANCE YOUR DECOR: Put this dapper bean grinder on display after you’re finished preparing a delicious cup of your favorite coffee. It looks fantastic displayed on a kitchen countertop or little barista section in your home.
- ☕ YOU'LL LOVE IT YOU DON'T PAY US A DIME: Give this specialty coffee grinder a try. You’ll be floored at how good your coffee tastes. If you don’t love it as much as we do, let us know, and we’ll take it back for a full refund. No questions asked, ever.
- 18 Precise Grinding Settings - The electric coffee grinder offers 18 kinds of grinding sizes. Enjoy the different textures and coffee styles right from the comforts of your kitchen!
- Customizable Quantity - The coffee grinder has a large capacity to make 2-12 cups of grounds. The setting of adjustable cups can meet your different serving needs. It can be used for a single person, or for families, even in the office.
- Uniform Coffee Grounds - The ground coffee produced by the stainless steel burr grinder is fine and even, which better retains the aroma of coffee and helps us to taste great coffee.
- East To Clean - Upper chamber, container, and the grinding burr mill inside the machine can be removed easily to clean. After grinding the coffee, you can also use a cleaning brush to clean the coffee grinder inside.
- Compact & Tiny Design - The electric burr grinder is small in size and good in quality, and glazed black can better show the texture of the product. Definitely, it is your best choice when buying a grinder for the first time.
- The best cost-effective choice-TIMEMORE C2 Grinder. Stainless steel burr-CNC machining. Double bearing central axis positioning-uniform grinding particles. Burr size 38mm-efficient grinding of coffee beans.
- Convenient to carry : The body weighs 430g, while maintaining a light weight and a moderate sense of weight and luxury. It is ideal not only for home use but also for carrying outdoors or traveling.
- Roughness adjustment function : Adjustable in about 36 steps. You can easily grind the desired roughness from fine to coarse with the adjustment nut.
- Excellent Burr : The milling blade with 55-58HRC hardness in 5-axis CNC machining realizes uniform grinding with almost no excessively coarse grains. At the same time, the generation of fine powder is minimized.
- Labor-saving performance : The smoother movement is realized as the handle keeps turning for a while even if you release your hand due to the built-in bearing. In addition, a compact body of 52 mm that is easy to grasp even for small hands. and it is possible to grind lightly with very little force.
- ✔️ Adjustable. You can adjust the coarseness and fineness of your milling using the adjusting screw.
- ✔️ Do it yourself. You will find pleasure in the tactile experience of grinding your coffee, making tortillas, peanut butter bread and more from scratch.
- ✔️Heavy-duty construction. Made of Cast-iron with sanitary double-tin plating to resist stains and corrosion, compliant with international regulations. High performance discs are made of anti-erosion white iron for maximum durability and performance on all types of grain.
- ✔️Grind Anything! Use it for home brewing, corn, barley, grains, Coffee, cheese, vegetables, seeds, nuts, coconut, spices, dried beans, cooked meats, etc.
- ✔️Capacity of adjustment. The clamp is easily adjustable to most tables and boards 1/2” to 2” thick. Comes with a protective non-slip rubber, protects your surfaces and prevents the grain grinder from slipping in heavy work
- 【Cordless & Portable Coffee Grinder】This grinder is designed to be cordless, and USB rechargeable.This F1 independent grinder can provide you with the fresh coffee beans experience you need, no matter when and where. It is small and powerful. The burr is made of 420 stainless steel CNC. No need to connect wires. At home, courtyard, office, travel, camping, freely enjoy coffee time anytime, anywhere.
- 【Built-in adjustable grinder selector 】 you can adjust the coffee grinder to the desired size by turning the grinder knob. Up to 100+ clicks to select. Fine-tune the flavor you need. You can choose French Press, Chemex , Drip, Cold Brew, Aeropress, Manual Espresso for brewing. Tip: Not suitable for commercial Espresso machines.
- 【Easy to operate】 made of high quality 420 stainless steel burr. The rechargeable F1 coffee bean grinder does not have to worry about annoying wires. You only need to press a button, unlike manual grinders that require you to crank for a few minutes. Powerful 800MAH The power battery supports you to use 30 times. If the grinding particles are coarse, the number of times will be more.
- 【Designed for craft coffee 】 F1 coffee grinder's unique low-speed grinding design can maintain a strong original aroma, thereby obtaining a better coffee flavor. It is the best choice for coffee lovers. Let you start drinking coffee anytime, anywhere, and enjoy free time.
- 【Cleaning, carrying and customer service 】 The F1 grinder is easy to disassemble and clean-only needs to be cleaned with a brush. In addition, the portable and compact size (2.34 inches in diameter, 6.5 inches in height) makes it easy to carry. It is not only suitable for home use, but also suitable Carrying or traveling. We not only provide top-quality coffee grinders, but also provide first-class customer service and 1-year warranty policy.
History of Manual Coffee Grinders
The coffee mill (another name for coffee grinder) was first made in the 15th century. However, back then the grinder’s use for grinding coffee was secondary since it was originally made for grinding spice. It took until the late 18th century we witnessed mills that were developed and introduced exclusively and exquisitely for grinding coffee. It even had a draw by then.
Thomas Bruff Sr. received the first patent in America for a coffee grinder; and he first came up with the wall-mounted coffee mill, in hopes to make the best manual coffee grinder. It became a breakthrough which was to be benefited from and built upon for centuries to come (even now).
With time the designs of coffee grinders kept undergoing further improvements under several patents, that worked tirelessly to make the best manual coffee grinder. Several new features were introduced, like canisters, double wheels, and side mounting, etc.
Even today, most coffee grinder manufacturers, in order to make the best manual coffee grinder, and bound to base their products on the basis of vintage styles and concepts that date back all the way to the 18th century.
They redefined the method of making manual coffee grinders, and thus, we will now see how the best manual coffee grinder is actually made.
How to make the best manual coffee grinder?
When attempting to understand the making of the best manual coffee grinder, we need to keep several things into consideration. Some of them include:
- Understanding the materials used in the coffee grinders and their quality
- Testing the smoothness and efficiency of the grinder (burr)
- Knowing the types of adjustments available for the quality and size of grounded coffee
- Checking for the price and warranty of the manual coffee grinder
It shall be understood that without pondering upon all 4 of these points, we cannot properly comprehend how to make a manual coffee grinder, and in turn without understanding how to make a proper coffee grinder, we cannot understand how to determine which is the best manual coffee grinder available in the market.
Materials used in the coffee grinders
A manual coffee grinder is made up of smaller individual components, when combined together they form a perfect manual machine that is able to grind coffee to its finest degree. Here is what a coffee grinder is made up of (types would be mentioned but discussed ahead).
The uppermost part of a manual coffee grinder is a lever. As level is somethings the displays a manual nature of a thing, it could be said that it is what truly and visibly distinguishes a manual coffee bean grinder than an electric one.
They come in long and short sizes, each having their distinctive properties and uses. You rotate the lever and it, in turn, rotates the burrs present in the coffee grinder that grind coffee.
According to the model of the coffee grinder, they may be made up of metal, plastic, or wood. Most of the time they will be available with a rubber grip to help facilitate the grinding process. However, the grip may be made of some other non-rubber material.
The metal rod is another necessary component of the manual coffee grinder since it connects the lever to the grinders or burrs way down in the grinder. Without it no proper connection can be established and the lever may be rendered useless. It starts from the lever, passes through the exact middle of the Bean Hopper, and connects with the burrs.
Bean Hopper is another important component of the manual (also present in electric) coffee maker that is placed right below the lever. When you place coffee beans in the grinder, it is within the Bean Hopper they reside temporarily until they are crushed by the rotating burrs and go into the container.
Without the Bean Hopper, it would be practically impossible to contain the coffee beans which would jump (or hop) around into different directions, making a lot of mess. Furthermore, the ground coffee beans would not be in their perfect condition with the Bean Hopper.
Burrs are perhaps the most fundamental part of the coffee grinders because they serve the primary purpose: grinding the coffee beans into a fine powder or smaller chunks. They come in two qualities: steel or ceramic, each with their distinct value. Moreover, there are two burrs present in a typical coffee grinder, namely, the inner and outer burr. We will briefly discuss them.
It is the burr that extends from the center of the manual coffee grinder towards sideways. It may consist of several blades and resembles a ninja shuriken. Its hinges are connected to the metal rod which is in turn connected to the lever. In other words, the inner burr and the lever are indirectly connected. When you move the lever outside, it in turn rotates the inner burr in the grinding process.
The outer burr is also circular like the inner burr, but it resembles more to a ring. Like the inner burr, it too may move and is made of either ceramic or metal. However, it will have the same material the inner burr has. In other words, it cannot be possible for inner burr to be made up of ceramic and outer to be made up of metal, and vice versa.
It is the last of the fundamental components of a manual coffee grinder. Within the machine when coffee beans are ground, the refine (lower in surface area) and eventually fall off the Beans Hopper and burrs, and into the Grinds Container. Without this, the powdered coffee beans would fall off directly over the surface. I
n other words, without them, we will have to put the manual grinder directly above the container where we have to brew coffee, and it increases the chances of making a mess since manually grinding the coffee results in unexpected movements that would cause the coffee to fall off over the table or slab, making a mess and wasting precious ground coffee.
It is usually the biggest part of the manual coffee maker since it has to contain several rounds of ground coffee and thus, requires the most volume. As for the material it is composed of, it may be made up of anything: metal (especially steel), wood, or plastic depending on the brand of the manual coffee maker.
Types of Burrs Used in Manual coffee grinders:
As discussed before, the burrs for grinding coffee are available in two fundamental types: ceramics or metal. They each have distinct characteristics such as:
Coffee grinders with ceramic burrs are usually cheaper as compared to metal ones: and that is the way for a reason. Ceramic burrs are usually crude and inefficient: they are not able to refine the coffee beans to perfection.
Although perfection most probably cannot ever be attained with manual coffee grinders, ceramics lower the probability to an even greater degree. What’s more is the fact that they are not usually long-lasting, and require much more care. They require on average more time to grind a round of coffee: about 2 mins.
Unlike the ceramic burrs, they are a little expensive but that too is for a reason. Metal burrs are durable sharp, long-lasting, and require less time and effort when grinding coffee beans. However, metal burrs come in different grades of quality.
Some may not grind coffee well, while others may grind to pure powdered perfection; some may last long, while others may become inefficient just after using them a few times; and some may require more rounds of grinding, while others may need just a little bit of effort. They grind a round of coffee quicker as compared to a ceramic (and rather easily): for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Grinding Methods of Manual Coffee Grinders:
The second primary step in the making of a manual coffee grinder is to determine what kind of grinder it is going to be. Some grinders come with only one grinding method, while others come with an adjustable system that can grind coffee beans to different types, where each has a specific purpose. Both may have their advantages and disadvantages; we will go into a little detail below.
One Grinding Method
Some manual coffee grinders have fixated burrs that can only ground one type of coffee. This is more popularly known as the “step-less” model. People usually find it a nuisance since on different occasions, according to one’s mood they would want to try a different kind of coffee.
But if they have a manual coffee grinder that grinds in one may, you will not have the opportunity to try different brews and styles of coffees. However, this also has an advantage: the burrs remaining in the same position means they are firmer and will do their job better. There is also a high probability of them being long-lasting.
Adjustable Manual Grinder
As the name suggests, you may be able to adjust your grinder to different settings, that may provide you with ground coffee of different types. Each of those types may lead to a special kind of coffee with a unique taste, like French Press or an Espresso. Now most manual coffee grinders come in adjustable settings because it is more feasible.
However, it may be a little more expensive as compared to the step-less coffee grinder, and some questions may be raised about its durability. However, note that even a good adjustable grinder could be better and last longer than a pathetic step-less model. It all depends on priorities and individual perspectives.
Once all these things are put into consideration, and within the perspectives, the manufacturers assemble manual coffee grinders according to their target customers, customer demands, budget, and the far-sightedness regarding the expected profits.
However, when it comes to the levers of the manual coffee grinders, there is another thing that needs to be considered: whether to use a bearing or not?
Bearing vs, No Bearing
Bearings are used in modern manual coffee grinders and are responsible for increasing the efficiency and feasibility of the grinding process. With a bearing, it takes little effort to rotate the lever, and the rotation goes smoothly, making you feel like you do not have to put more power in grinding.
However, on the other hand, a manual coffee grinder with no bearings means that there will be more jerks and halts, and there is a chance that your arms may get tired trying to grind the coffee since you have to put more power into grinding the coffee. Here it leaves no reason for the manufacturers to make manual coffee grinders without bearings.
However, manual coffee grinders without bearings do exist within the market, for no apparent reason. It could be that bearing leads to a higher budget or perhaps no bearings in the coffee grinder give more nostalgia and are seen in more vintage designs. Bearings could also be more delicate, and malfunction more often resulting in the inconvenience of the customers.
Warranty of the manual coffee grinders:
It should be noted that although most of the modern manual coffee grinders are cheaper than average electric coffee grinders, they usually come with no warranty (while the electric ones do). There is no really understandable reason for this but one can conclude it is because they are usually more long-lasting, with a very little vacancy and probability for damage. However, electrical coffee grinders have a more probability of damage given the nature of an electrical appliance.
Although there are some brands of manual coffee grinders like the “Zassenhaus Santiago Mahogany Coffee Mill Grinder” which is an expensive vintage design that comes with 25 years of warranty. It may also suggest that manual coffee grinders do not come with a warranty because they are cheaper, which by default leaves very little room for the need for a warranty.
When buying a manual coffee grinder, the customer should also consider the price range and check if a warranty is available. A manual coffee grinder may not necessarily be expensive because it is good. It could be expensive because of the popularity of the brand and for the number of years it has been used in the market. The customer should try to find a manual coffee grinder.
Types of Manual Coffee Grinders:
In the next step to identify the best manual coffee grinder, we need to understand and be able to distinguish different types of grinders, sizes, materials, and workings. We have discussed the manual coffee grinders with ceramic or metallic burrs already, so now we shall discuss the rest.
Portable vs Big Manual Coffee grinders
To decide if you want to buy a big coffee grinder or a small one, you should look into your needs. If you are someone that travels regularly and needs coffee at all times, it would be recommended to buy a smaller one, since it is portable, easy to carry along in your trips. If you want one that will stay at your office or home, buy a bigger manual coffee grinder because it will be able to grind more coffee per round.
Small Lever vs Large lever
Coffee grinders with small lever need more pressure to be applied to them, while the larger levers will not require that because of the difference in torque. However, the one with a smaller lever will grind the coffee quickly. Determine your preference according to which is more important to you: the effort put or the time saved.
Wooden vs Plastic vs Metal Body
It really does not matter which material is your manual coffee grinder made up of externally, but there may be a slight difference in the prices of the respective models and their expected life may also be determined (plastic usually lasts less as compared to wood and metal).
The Brewing Methods:
- Using a manual coffee grinder is quite easy. All you have to do is place a specific mass of coffee beans into the Bean Hopper of your manual coffee grinder. It may depend on both the capacity of the machine or the number of people requiring coffee. It is recommended to crush the coffee beans fresh. Already crushed beans usually diminish both the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans and the in turn the flavor and aroma of the brewed coffee.
- After you have placed your required amount of coffee beans inside, close the lid and start rotating the lever. It is recommended you do not rotate the lever fast at first because it may lead to uneven grinding of the beans and may also lead to the damaging of the lever.
- After a minute of a few, most of your grounded coffee would gather within the container.
- Use the coffee power and brew it in whatever method you prefer: Espresso, French Press, etc.
Reasons to Use a Manual Coffee Grinder:
The reason you may want to use a manual coffee grinder may go beyond its efficiency and necessity. The reasons you should use them are as such:
- A manual grinder may have an aesthetic appeal to it. Indeed, an electric grinder would be more time and energy-efficient, but with a manual grinder, you can have an exquisite vintage experience.
- A manual grinder is cheaper and lasts longer as compared to an electric one.
- You can refine and reduce the coffee beans to the size and shape however you like. The electric grinder has a more specific procedure that will grind according to its standard settings.
|Grinders||Brand||Expert Rating||Check Price|
|JavaPresse Manual Coffee Bean Grinder with Adjustable Settings Patented Conical Burr Grinder for Coffee Beans Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder for Aeropress Drip Coffee Espresso French Press||CHECK PRICE|
|PARACITY Manual Coffee Bean Grinder with Ceramic Burr, Hand Coffee Grinder Mill Small with 2 Glass Jars( 11OZ per Jar) Stainless Steel Handle for Drip Coffee, Espresso, French Press, Turkish Brew …||CHECK PRICE|
|PARACITY Manual Coffee Bean Grinder Stainless Steel Hand Coffee Mill Ceramic Burr for Aeropress, Drip Coffee, Espresso, French Press, Turkish Brew, coffee gift||CHECK PRICE|
|West Coast Chef Manual Burr Coffee Grinder - Conical Burr Grinder, Coffee Bean Grinder, Manual Coffee Grinder, Hand Coffee Grinder, Coffee Grinder Manual, Coffee Grinder Hand, Coffee Grinder Burr||CHECK PRICE|
|AVNICUD Pour Over Coffee Maker, Automatic Coffee Maker with Reusable Stainless Steel Mesh and Water Tank, Portable Coffee Brewer for Home or Travel||CHECK PRICE|
|OverTwice Manual Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs Adjustable Hand Coffee Bean Mill with 2 Glass Jars for French Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Stainless Steel Handle, Brush||CHECK PRICE|
Frequently Asked Questions
Are manual grinders better than electric ones?
Naturally, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. However, there is no doubt about the fact that electric grinders have become more common now and manual grinders in most cases are reduced to nothing but aesthetics.
Is having a grinder really necessary?
It is only through the grinder that a coffee bean can be crushed. Pure coffee beans cannot be brewed to make good coffee and even the instant coffee was crushed using a grinder.
Why not use instant coffee instead?
Instant coffee has been grounded for a long time, which means it has lost both its flavor and aroma. Only a freshly grounded coffee can have them.
What if the lever breaks while grinding coffee?
It is natural for products to mess up accidents to occur. However, the levers are usually durable and manual grinders last for a long time. You may want to buy a warranty.
How can I improve the experience of coffee?
Use the manual grinder to your advantage. Grind the coffee using different settings for several spans of time periods, it will give you a variety of tastes and aromas to choose from.
When trying to choose the best manual coffee grinder, look into your personal needs and lifestyle first. After that try to choose one with a reasonable price, one that has good reviews online, and may have a warranty (although you do not need to put much thought to the third one). It would be preferred to buy the one that has a bearing on a lever and uses metal burrs.