- 1 Top 10 Best 4 or 5 Cup Coffee Makers
- 2 Reasons To Choose The Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker
- 3 How To Choose The Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker?
- 4 Tips on How To Clean 4 Cup Coffee Makers
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
4 Cup coffee makers are one of the best innovations in the coffee industry. It seems like manufacturers are creating bigger and better coffee makers.
But the truth is, most of us do not need a huge coffeemaker. It’s just that manufacturers know they can charge more for the bigger models.
So, if you are like most people who have no need for the giant and expensive coffee makers, then you will definitely love our list of the best 4 cup coffee makers!
Not only that, but we have also included a comprehensive buying guide and everything you need to know about the compact and efficient 4 cup coffee makers!
Top 10 Best 4 or 5 Cup Coffee Makers
- Satisfaction in every cup: With Braun’s innovative pure flavor system, your coffee is made at the right temperature and the right brewing time to extract the best coffee flavor and aroma.
- Keep the flavor inside: The unique carafe lid seals in the fresh flavor by minimizing air exposure and the anti-drip system lets you pour with precision – any time during the brewing cycle.
- Easy operation: The digital control panel buttons are displayed in the same way you read – from left to right. No Anti-slip handle for easy and convenient pouring
- Control at your fingertips: Regular or bold, the strength function allows you to personalize each pot, just the way you like it.
- Wake up to a fresh pot: Reliable clock with a fully automatic 24-hour programmable timer means your much-needed first cup of coffee will be waiting for you when you want it.
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
- CORD STORAGE: For easy transport and tidy countertops
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Mini single serve coffee maker
- MATTE FINISH: Sleek simplicity meets modern style the K-Mini coffee maker is available in a variety of matte-finish colors
- IT’S ALL ABOUT TASTE - ON THE GO: The AeroPress Go travel coffee press makes smooth, delicious coffee without bitterness, unlike slow brewing methods and French Presses.
- PERFECT FOR HOME OR TRAVEL: The AeroPress Go features a small size that makes 1-3 cups per press. Features a mug and lid that double as a traveling case. Perfect for traveling, camping, boating and more!
- PORTABLE AND VERSATILE: The rapid, total immersion brewing process brews hot coffee or espresso in a minute. Brews cold brew coffee in two minutes.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT: Brew anywhere! The AeroPress Go is simple to use and clean up takes seconds.
- 350 MICRO-FILTERS INCLUDED: No grit in your cup like with a French press. Smooth, flavorful coffee on-the-go!
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Microfilter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute, and unlike a French press, it can also brew espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters and a filter holder. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2" h X 4" w X 4" d
- Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty and iced beverages
- Any size from 6oz - 12 ounce
- Removable reservoir
- Cord storage for a better fit on counter
- Keurig's smallest brewer, portable design goes anywhere
- Classic or Rich, each brew is flavorful and never bitter with custom brew strengths
- Hotter brewing technology: Advanced boiler for a perfectly hot cup of coffee
- Wake up to hot coffee. 24-hour programmable delay brew allows you to prepare your brew up to a day in advance
- Keep coffee fresh and flavorful up to 4 hours with the adjustable warming plate
- Conveniently carry the 60-oz. removable water reservoir to your sink for easy filling. Dishwasher-safe parts: Yes
- Material type: Plastic
- Included Components: Permanent Filter
- [ENCAPSULATED ESPRESSO] Compatible with NS CAPSULES*, in which the coffee is ground, measured and tamped with high precision, there is very little left for error. It's also more convenient, mess free and easier to clean after use.
- [MANUAL OPERATION ONLY] Add any compatible capsules into the outlet head. Add hot water into the water tank. Unlock the piston from its travel position and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract delicious espresso with generous crema. Need to add hot water.
- [GREAT PARTNER FOR TRAVEL] Minipresso NS is your best choice to quickly and efficiently enjoy delicious espresso wherever you are. Your espresso looks great and taste fantastic every time.
- [COMPATIBILITY NOTE] NS CAPSULES refers to Nespresso** Original capsules and compatibles. Note that some non Original capsules might not work well with our machines. Improve the quality.
- Note: The package does not contain any accessories! You can purchase the Minipresso Tank + or Minipresso Case accessories separately to enjoy longer espresso, up to 100ml, and protect it from scratches. You can find more exclusive accessories in the description at the bottom of this page or in the WACACO store.
- AUTOMATIC COFFEE/ESPRESSO MACHINE: Create barista grade brewed single serve coffee or espresso cups at the touch of a single button. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- VERSATILE COFFEE MAKER: Brew 4 different cup sizes at the touch of a button - 5oz and 7.77 oz coffees, and single and double espresso. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee and latte drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large coffee cup sizes
- FEATURES: Extra-large 54 oz water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container; This machine also has a fast heat up time of only 15 seconds; There is an energy saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity
- NESPRESSO CAPSULES: Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
- Excellent Espresso Machine for Homebrew: Seven & Me coffee maker will brew coffee and froth milk foam simultaneously in 3 minutes. Start the nice day with one cup of desired coffee, whatever cappuccino, latte, macchiato or espresso coffee.
- Brew Like A Barista and Easy to Operate: Operate the experesso coffee machines with only one button, and there are room temperature and warm milk foam you could choose from. Save your time to make coffee but not save the deliciousness of the coffee.
- Make Your Own Barista-Quality and Specialty Coffee: Use the coffee machine and your creativity to customize the beverage and develop your own barista skills. Enjoy a variety of coffee beverages at home, stop spending more on the coffee store.
- Compact and Exquisite Design: The SEVEN&ME coffee Moka pot and milk frother has won IFA, IDEA, Red Dot and GOOD DESIGN awards, it's not just an espresso machine but a beautiful, minimalistic and small decoration to fits your home or office.
- Upgraded Worry-Free Shopping Experience: Global OneClick Store provides you with a 24-hour response and a 1-year worry-free warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the SEVEN&ME coffee machine, we’ll be on standby to offer help.
- Stop Wine Headaches with Drop It – If you get a headache from a glass or two of wine, you may have a common sensitivity to Sulfites and/or Wine Tannins. Drop your wine headache and enjoy wine again with Drop It -- the ONLY product that naturally reduces BOTH Sulfites and Tannins in all types of wine. Proudly made (and verified) in the USA.
- All-Natural Ingredients – Drop It is independently tested and verified by a USA-based wine laboratory. Contains JUST 3 ingredients: food-grade hydrogen peroxide, natural egg white protein and sunflower lecithin. It's gluten, soy & dairy free, with no sweeteners or artificial flavors.
- Enjoyed by Thousands of Wine Enthusiasts – Highly cost effective compared to wine wands and wine filters, each bottle of Drop It treats up to 55 glasses of wine! Simply add Drop It to a glass or bottle of ANY type of wine: red wine, white wine, rose wine and sparkling wine/champagne.
- A Social Solution, Enjoy Wine Anywhere – Unlike using wands or messy wine filters, Drop It is portable, discreet and easily fits in your purse or pocket. Avoid unwanted attention at restaurants, bars and wineries -- savor your glass of wine without questions! Drop It is the original drop for wine. The makers of Drop It remind consumers to always drink responsibly.
- Easy to Use – Gently shake the discreet 10ml bottle, add drops to your favorite glass or bottle of sauvignon blanc wine, pinot grigio wine, cabernet sauvignon wine or boxed wine and swirl. In JUST 20 seconds, it's ready to enjoy. Will not alter the taste of wine when used as directed.
Reasons To Choose The Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker
A lot of people are probably asking, why choose a 4-cup?
Why not go with a machine that makes a single cup or goes with the more convenient ones that can make 8 – 12 cups at a time?
Well, this boils down to a matter of personal opinions. But we think that 4 cups will allow you to enjoy the best of both worlds.
Here are 5 benefits of the best 4 cup small coffee maker:
1) Compact Sizing
Probably the most obvious benefit of a 4 cup coffee maker is the fact that they are compact and sleek.
So, if you live in an apartment, a small house, dormitory, or using a tiny office, then the best 4 cup coffee maker will be a perfect choice.
Thanks to its sleek and small body, counter space and storage are not a problem at all. When you’re not using the coffee maker, you can easily store it in a cabinet thanks to its small size.
Also, unlike the bulkier coffee makers, the best 4 cup coffee maker won’t use a large counter space.
With just a single push of a button on an automatic 4 cup coffee maker, you can immediately enjoy a fresh cup of coffee without having to do it manually. No need to blend and scoop ground coffee maker, sugar, and creamer.
Plus, if you are having house guests, a 4 cup coffee maker can save you effort and time with its ability to serve coffee quickly and easily. Since its maximum capacity is 4 cups, the waiting time is significantly minimized.
You don’t need to wait for a long time before your coffee is ready. Because it only brews in small batches, the water heats up pretty quickly and your cup of joe will be ready before you know it.
3) Saves Money
If you would compare the money, you’re spending a month on coffee shops to the cost of buying the best 4 cup coffee maker to brew your own coffee at home, you’ll surely see a huge difference.
Most people come to coffee shops to get their daily morning caffeine fix; however, the best automatic 4 cup coffee maker can also do the job for you, without the excessive price tag for just a single cup of coffee.
4) Good For The Health
Coffee has a lot of benefits. Other than that, brewing your own coffee with the best 4 cup coffee maker can spare you the unwanted calories that you can get from coffee shops.
You would be surprised if you figure out how much sugar you’re consuming with a Starbucks drink. With the best 4 cup coffee maker, you can brew your coffee and have full control of your calorie intake.
5) Promotes Creativity
When you choose to get your own 4 cup coffee maker, you also become creative in your coffee flavors. You get to practice your brewing skills and mixing things like a barista.
If you find 2 different coffee varieties that you really like, then you can brew them together and have your own unique blend of coffee.
How To Choose The Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker?
If it is still confusing to make the final buying decision, then we have got just the right buying guide to help you figure out which of these options is right for your needs.
Although all the models on our list are 4 cup coffee makers, they still vary in shape and size. And when you are shopping online, it is not always easy to tell if you are buying a model that will perfectly fit in your kitchen.
Thus, it is a good idea to take the measurements and consult the listed dimensions of the product before buying.
You will want to pay extra attention to the product’s height since some models have a narrow base but can be really tall that you will not be able to easily open them under the standard cabinets.
Another crucial thing that you need to keep in mind is that a 4 cup coffee maker really makes only 2 cups of coffee by most American standards. It is not misleading advertising because there is no universally accepted standard for the size of a cup.
If you wish to get a full 4 cups of coffee, then you might want to upgrade to the 8-cup models.
The best 4 cup coffee makers will usually feature a carafe. And carafes come in various materials including stainless steel, glass, or the heavy-duty plastic ones.
Each material types have their own pros and cons.
Glass carafes usually give more classic and elegant visuals. Not only that, but glass is also popular among coffee aficionados since it does not add any off-flavors to your cup and is rather easy to clean.
Plus, its transparency allows you to see the coffee level inside during the brewing process. Unfortunately, glass is known to be fragile and requires extremely careful maintenance.
Plus, it will not keep your coffee warm for long. Stainless steel, on the other hand, is a great option thanks to its high thermal resistance that can keep your coffee hot for longer.
Not only that, but stainless steel is also known for its high durability and sturdiness as well as its classy and premium look. However, you won’t be able to see what’s inside and it can sometimes add a metallic taste to your coffee.
Lastly, plastic appears to be a lot cheaper than the rest, however, its only real benefit is that it is more robust than glass. Unfortunately, it won’t be able to keep your coffee hot and is not as sturdy as stainless steel.
It is a key factor to consider the design when buying any kitchen appliances. And a coffee maker is never an exception. Having a nice coffee maker will always be a pleasure and makes a great impression.
Don’t hesitate to consider the appearance of a 4 cup coffee maker before buying. You should always choose a model that looks elegant and perfectly fits your whole kitchen’s look and match up with other cookware and kitchen appliance.
Another thing to consider when buying the best 4 cup coffee maker is the kind of filter that it uses. Filters can be either a reusable metal mesh or a disposable paper filter.
Let’s take a look at each in terms of:
- Coffee Taste
The reusable metal filters are not fine enough to catch everything that’s poured into them. Thus, metal filters allow important elements through the filter and into your cup including micro-fines and oils.
Coffee has been accused of raising cholesterol, specifically, it is said to raise LDL. However, it is the oils that sneak through the metal filters that you should blame. Not only that, but these oils can also carry tons of flavor which alters the taste of your coffee.
Meanwhile, the micro-fine are minuscule granules of coffee that are small enough to slip through the holes of the filter, giving your coffee a darker and more cloudy appearance. Plus, you’ll end up with a gritty cup of coffee.
Paper filters, on the other hand, are much finer. Thus, they trap the micro-fines and most of the oils. The result is a brighter cup of coffee both in flavor and appearance.
Coffee that’s brewed with a paper filter is often described as fruity and sweet and it is generally more translucent than the metal-filtered ones.
As far as cleanup goes, the paper filters are the easy way out.
Metal filters are messy to clean. First, you need to remove it from the brewer, dump the grounds to the trash cans, get as many coffee grounds as possible out since you do not want to wash it down the drain and then wash it.
And even if you have a dishwasher-safe filter, the cleaning process can still be a hassle.
Paper filters, on the other hand, are one-time use. You use them and dispose of them. However, some paper filters require you to actually rinse them so you can reuse them a few times more before throwing them.
In terms of cost, there’s also a significant difference o in terms of cost of using metal filters over paper filters. Metal filters can last for years and only cost between $5 and $60.
Meanwhile, paper filters usually cost several cents each, between $0.01 and $0.10. However, since they are single-use and assuming you brew a single cup a day, paper filters can cost from $18.25 – $36.50 a year.
And those numbers can easily go up if you brew more than once a day.
Spout and Handle
To provide the utmost convenience, a 4 cup coffee maker should have a fairly large handle for you to hold and carry it around easily.
Additionally, the spout design needs to be able to make a smooth and dripless pouring at any time and prevent a messy kitchen.
Human beings, by nature, are impatient creatures and want their coffee machines to have a fast brewing mechanism.
If this sounds like you, then consider looking for a 4 cup coffee maker that can brew in just a few minutes. Fortunately, most 4 cup coffee makers have a really fast brewing time.
Thanks to the advancement of technology, companies have been successful at creating machines that brew faster and lets you enjoy your cup of coffee in just a few minutes.
The ability of a 4 cup coffee maker to maintain or retain temperature is another important thing to consider. Make sure that you choose a coffee maker that can help keep your coffee hot even for longer periods.
This way, you will be able to enjoy a cup of coffee for several hours.
Like any appliance, the best 4 cup coffee maker should come with various features and settings.
Here are some of the most important settings and features you should consider:
Another feature you might want to look at the best 4 cup coffee maker is a timer. A programmable 4 cup coffee maker can allow you to set up coffee brewing the night before and starts brewing in the morning so that your cup of coffee is ready when you wake up.
This is particularly beneficial if you always have a hectic morning or too lazy to brew coffee upon waking up.
- Brew Pause
This is crucial for those times where you just cannot wait for the entire pot to brew. This feature allows you to sneak a cup of joe mid brewing.
- Keep Warm Function
If you are not buying a 4 cup coffee maker with the thermal carafe, then you will want to make sure that the machine has a keep-warm function.
This function will keep the coffee warm and allows you to have several cups hot over a longer period of time, of simple to keep the coffee warm until you are ready to drink it.
- Auto Shut-Down
Extra safety is something that a reliable kitchen appliance should provide. And coffee makers have that in the form of auto shut-down feature.
With an auto shut-down feature, the coffee maker shuts off after a certain period of idling, saving in energy as well as preventing all kinds of dangerous situations that may happen such as electric explosion or burning if the machine keeps on running.
This way, you do not have to worry when in the middle of the traffic you remembered that you forgot to turn your coffee maker off.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
Another factor that you need to consider when choosing the best 4 cup coffee maker is how easy it is to use and clean.
A good coffee maker needs to be intuitive with easy to read buttons and/or screens. The best 4 cup coffee maker should not make it too complicated to brew coffee, especially during a drowsy Sunday morning.
Also, you don’t want a coffee maker that takes forever to clean. Thus, you should go looking for models with removable parts for easier cleaning.
Some coffee makers will have removable filter baskets that make it easy to clean. You only need to throw away the paper filter or wash it off for the reusable filters and you are good to go.
Some models also feature easy-to-clean and non-stick hot plates that save you a lot of time cleaning in the long run. Other components that are dishwasher safe include the filter basket, the lid, carafe, and the water reservoir.
So, if you are a busy person, then it is best to choose these easy to clean features as they will save you more energy and time in cleaning.
Durability and Warranty
Like any appliance that you buy, it is important that you choose one that will last for years to come. To ensure durability and sturdiness, the best 4 cup coffee maker will usually come with a warranty.
Not only that, but it is also recommended that you take into consideration the reputation of the brand for making durable coffee makers.
Tips on How To Clean 4 Cup Coffee Makers
When your coffee suddenly tastes bad or brewing slower than usual, then it might need some cleaning. Limescale from the tap water can quickly build up as well as debris from the beans can start clogging the machine.
In general, coffee makers should be deep cleaned once a month if you use it on a daily basis.
Here are our top tips on how to clean the best 4 cup coffee maker.
Always Wash The Removable Parts After Every Use
It may sound obvious but if you are in a rush, then cleaning your coffee maker can sometimes be skipped or forgotten.
However, all the removable parts of your coffee maker should always be washed with warm soapy water ever after brewing.
Now, if they are dishwasher-friendly then you can just pop them in the dishwasher on your way out.
Use White Vinegar
Coffee makers also need to decalcify in order to stop the built-up of the hard minerals from water. Using vinegar can help in keeping your coffee maker in tip-top condition.
The best way to clean this mineral build-up is white vinegar.
Just fill the water tank with half water and half vinegar. Set your pot up to brew and use the coffee maker as if you were making a cup of coffee.
When the cycle is finished, you can repeat the process using warm soapy water. After that, tun another 2 brew cycles but with just water this time.
This makes sure that all vinegar and soapy residues are gone.
Try Lemon Juice
This is a good alternative to vinegar and even contains the same level of acidity. Run a brewing cycle with water first in order to remove any
residues and leftover coffee. Then fill the water tank with half water and half lemon solution.
Let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Put the filter in and then turn the machine on. Once the cycle is complete, then finish the cycle with fresh water 1 – 2 times.
Use Rice On Carafe
Even if you clean your carafe after every use, they can still get a little grubby. If you want to make the carafe shine, then use rice.
Add warm soapy water and a bit of rice to it. Swirl the mixture in order to loosen any built-up dirt. You can also use a sponge and give it a nice rub down with the mixture.
After that rinse it properly and you will have a carafe that looks like it has just been taken out of the box.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is a 4-cup model different from others?
A: The best 4 cup coffee maker is different in terms of size and convenience. A 4 cup coffee maker has a small footprint and is usually enough for a small family. They are convenient in terms of brewing time and storage.
Q: How much ground should I add in a 4-cup coffee maker?
A: In order to make a full 4 cup pot, the ideal quantity to fill in is 8 tablespoons of ground coffee into the filter basket and 24 ounces of water in the reservoir.
Q: Why does my coffee taste bad?
A: This may be caused by several factors including the brewing time, the water you use, the kind of brewing you do and so much more. However, sometimes a rarely cleaned coffee maker can also be the culprit for bad-tasting coffee.
Q: Why is my 4 cup coffee maker brewing slowly?
A: The most common reason for the speed degradation of a coffee maker is that it requires cleaning. IT is likely that the build-up of mineral deposits from your water and coffee grounds that may have stuck in the system.
So, there you have it!
As you can see, 4 cup coffee maker is convenient for the small family or those living in a small home or apartment. Thanks to their small and compact size, they can fit in almost counter space but should be able to make enough coffee for the whole family.
We hope you find this article helpful in your journey to finding the best 4 cup coffee maker. Don’t forget to share this article with your friend and family.
Until then, happy caffeinating!