- 1 Top 10 Best Whole Coffee Beans
- 2 History of Whole Coffee Beans
- 3 Whole Coffee: What it is and How it is Made
- 4 Types of Whole Coffee
- 5 Materials Needed for Making Whole Coffee
- 6 Whole Coffee Brewing Methods
- 7 Reasons to Enjoy Whole Coffee
- 8 Whole Coffee FAQ
Whole coffee beans have many different methods used for their processing before they make their way to your cup of Joe.
No matter how sophisticated you are with your brewing devices or techniques a good cup of joe starts and finishes with the best whole coffee beans.
There are so many brands that you can pick and choose from that you can use for your brewing, but you should know what the top ones are.
There are plenty of options that you can choose from those who like dark roasted or even if you want some decaf options that would be available in ground form or intact based on what you are interested in.
You should always make sure that you know which is the best whole coffee beans and which ones are best for which the various types of brewing.
The more you know, then the easier it would be for you to make the right choice in terms of roast, texture and even how often you grind them.
Here is everything that you want to know about making the perfect cup, so keep reading on to find out more about the brewing methods and types that you can pick and choose from.
But before let’s jump really quick and take a look at our 10 best whole coffee beans list.
Top 10 Best Whole Coffee Beans
- Premium 100% Arabica beans with just the right flavor profile
- Medium roasted coffee
- Delivers sweet and fruity notes with a well-balanced finish
- The Original is our oldest recipe and most iconic roast
- Kosher certified
- Medium Roast Coffee: Our Donut Shop whole bean coffee has a classic sweet and smooth flavor, perfect as your morning coffee, and for drinking all day long
- Sustainable Medium Roast Coffee Beans: Our coffee is made with premium quality Arabica coffee beans from Central and South America. They are grown, sourced and packaged responsibly, after being roasted fresh in Seattle, USA
- Tasting Notes: Our Donut Shop coffee features the flavors of brown sugar and hazelnut, with a hint of plum for a little sweetness
- Works With All Coffee Brewers: Our medium roast whole bean coffee is suitable for any good coffee machine: drip machines, espresso maker, French press, Aeropress, pour over and moka pot
- Real Good Coffee Co: With over 30 years’ experience of coffee sourcing and craft roasting in Seattle, we make coffee, real good coffee, it’s that simple
- FOG CHASER: A blend of Central & South American beans helps lift away the morning "fog." This full-bodied, well balanced medium dark roast coffee has notes of milk chocolate, toffee, & sweet mandarin.
- COFFEE FOR EVERY OCCASION: We offer a wide selection of 100% Arabica coffee from whole beans & ground coffee to single-serve coffee pods. Our coffees are sustainably grown & Kosher. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: Whether you're into finely ground espresso or drip coffee, or coarsely ground French Press or pour over coffee, our 100% Arabica coffee beans deliver a robust cup for every taste.
- Packaging: Due to the current circumstances and material supplier constraints, the packaging may vary. The product ingredients, roast, amount of coffee, etc. have not changed and the product quality is the same
- SF BAY COFFEE is a family owned, American made company with a rich tradition. Our reputation reflects on us as a family so if you're ever not happy with your purchase, call us at 1(800) 829-1300 and we'll make it right.
- Don Pablo's Special Blend of Colombia, Guatemala, and Brazil
- Medium to Full Bodied with a Very Smooth Cocoa Toned Finish & Low Acidity
- Medium-Dark Roast - Whole Bean Arabica Coffee - GMO Free
- Origin: Colombia, Guatemala, Brazil
- REFUNDABLE - Try Don Pablo Risk-Free: Buy now, and if you don't love our coffees, contact us directly through Amazon, and we will happily refund your order
- 8 Different Blends and Flavors for a total of 4lbs of delicious coffee!
- Including: City Roast/Colombian Supremo/Costa Rica Blend/French Roast/Chicory/Vanilla Creme/Texas Pecan/Creme Brulee!
- Freshly roasted so you do not get stale coffee!
- Flavor locked and sealed to keep the coffee fresh
- From the same roaster as Amazon's Best Seller ranked K-Cups!
- 100% PREMIUM ARABICA – Our medium roast whole bean coffee is a 100% Arabica coffee with a smooth, delicious flavor and amazing aroma. Each cup is a truly satisfying experience!
- MEDIUM ROASTED – Our Koloa Estate Medium Roast ground coffee delivers a bright aroma with light floral notes, making it the perfect cup of coffee to drink, day or night.
- WHOLE COFFEE BEANS – Grinding your own coffee provides a delicious, stronger flavor. Our dark roast whole coffee beans are roasted to perfection and ready to be freshly ground!
- ECO-FRIENDLY – From growing the coffee to roasting and packaging, we employ sustainable, environmentally sound practices throughout every step of the process.
- HAWAII’S LARGEST COFFEE GROWER – Kauai Coffee is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. We have just about 4 million coffee trees grown on 3,100 acres – a true Hawaiian coffee estate!
- A TASTE OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS—10% Kona coffee blended with premium Arabica coffees, an excellent cup of coffee with a delicate floral aroma and subtle fruity notes.
- EVERY BAG OF KONA BLEND contains Kona that is Hawaiian state-certified Kona coffee. 100% Arabica coffee
- OUR DIRECT IMPACT INITIATIVE IMPACTS every business decision we make so that we can preserve natural resources and our environment for future generations of our family and yours
- FOUR GENERATIONS STRONG: Our family's expertise extends more than 140 years and is headquartered outside of Los Angeles in the city of Vernon.
- BLENDED, ROASTED and PACKED at Our Zero-Waste-To-Landfill Roastery in Los Angeles
- Balanced, full-bodied medium roast with a smooth finish
- One 32-ounce bag of whole bean coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Colombia
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- Shown as a serving suggestion
- An Amazon brand
- ORGANIC COFFEE BLEND: Creamy and full-bodied, Holler Mountain organic blend combines chocolatey Latin American textures with bright East African beans. Notes of citrus zest, caramel & hazelnut
- CHOOSE YOUR BREW: We expertly roast coffee beans for every taste, from light to dark roasts & single origin coffees to bold blends, bringing out the full potential of every bean
- FRESHLY ROASTED WHOLE BEANS: Our innovative bags keep coffee fresh for 90 days if left unopened. Most bags will show both "roasted on" and "best by" dates. Enjoy all coffee within 2 weeks of opening
- FOCUSED ON SUSTAINABILITY: Achieving B Corp status in 2018, we strive to be a leader in sustainability, making sincere and lasting contributions to the environment, our producers, and our community
- STUMPTOWN COFFEE ROASTERS: Nearly 20 years ago, we began roasting exemplary coffee. Headquartered in Portland, we're committed to sourcing, roasting, and serving some of the best coffee in the world
- One 2.2 pound bag of Lavazza Super Crema Italian whole coffee beans
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of hazelnuts and brown sugar
- Blended and roasted in Italy
- Best used with espresso machine
- Produced in a nut-free facility center, Contains only coffee
History of Whole Coffee Beans
These have been in play since the beginning of the planting and these aren’t something new. Most often people don’t see the entire piece since they buy pre-ground to make everything easier.
These have been planted and used to create stunning cups of joe every day and they are what make your cup delicious.
If you want to have something unique, then try a single-origin or even a mixed blend that can create the taste that you are looking for.
Whole Coffee: What it is and How it is Made
You need to know what the best whole coffee beans are and they are the halves that are located inside the red cherries on the plants.
Each of these red cherries contains 2 halves and the outer layer is going to be discarded, which leaves the main item.
If you want to have the best cup of brew for your day, then you want the entire kernel that is found since it can help to give you the maximum amount of freshness as well as flavor.
When you are using the best whole coffee beans you are going to be getting more aromatic and flavorful grounds that those have been pre-ground for you.
You should always grind the pieces immediately before you are brewing them so that you are retaining the delicious flavor that they have.
When you are buying the kernels you can choose between the full items or the ground or you can even grind them at the store.
However, if you want to have a flavorful cup in the morning you should buy them intact and then grind them before putting them into the brewing machine.
Types of Whole Coffee
There are numerous types of the best whole coffee beans that you need to be aware of so that you can make the right choice for you. A few of the types includes:
Single origin unblended
These are the kernels that are grown and sourced from a single specific location and they are going to have notable and strong characteristics that are unique to the area that they were grown.
If you want something that is exciting and that can create a unique and different flavor, then you want to go with a blend.
They use single-origin pieces as a building block to create a larger array of intensity levels and flavor combinations. This is perfect if you want something that you won’t find anywhere else.
There are also a few other brands that you need to be aware of so that you can decide which ones would be perfect based on your needs and tastes.
Kicking Horse Coffee
This is a dark roasted option with a strong flavor that is going to be very easy to find whenever you want to enjoy it.
Everyone will have a different opinion in terms of what their favorite is, but this one has 12 different fair trade, organic varieties that are used to make a tasty blend. See The Price Here
There are also light-roast options like Hola blend that the brand offers, but if you want dark roast, then their Smoky Kiss Ass or the Grizzly Claw are good options.
Seattle’s Best Coffee Portside Blend Medium Roast
This is another good option that is going to be affordable and you can purchase this in a K-cup, ground or full options for your needs.
The grounds that you get from this will make a higher quality cup of brew for you and they have a wide variety of blends that you can pick from. See The Price Here
If you want something that is light, then they have a Toasted Hazelnut or Very Vanilla that are delicious or Post Alley Blend for a darker roast.
Intelligentsia House Blend
For those who love their brew, but don’t want it roasted too dark, then this is the best light roast that you can find.
It is highly affordable and you can drink it all day without getting sick of the taste with the crisp notes of citrus and apple along with milk chocolate and cane sugar elements. See The Price Here
They also have other light roasts that you can pick from and they also have single-origin options as well if that is what you want.
Death Wish Coffee Co. Organic USDA Certified Whole Bean Coffee
For those who love a dark roast, then this is a good option and it is low in acidity and has a great flavor while having plenty of caffeine to keep you productive and alert.
It comes in a wide variety of options for you to purchase, including K-cup, entire pieces, and even ground. This has 2 to 4 times the level of caffeine and it is one of the top flavored cups that you can have. See The Price Here
The flavor has cherry and dark chocolate notes and this would make sure that you are enjoying your cup without any artificial additives or ingredients.
Stone Street Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Whole Bean Coffee
For those who like their brew cold, this is the right option since it was specifically designed for this purpose. It has an intricate flavor that is slightly chocolaty and sweet and this cold brew has become more and more popular in the last few years.
This is going to make sure that you don’t have to go to any shop to get the cold drink that you like, but instead, you can make it at home right away. See The Price Here
Lavazza Super Crema Espresso
If you love espresso, then this is going to be an affordable option that has a rich flavor and that can also be used for drip brewing.
This brand comes from Italy and it was started in 19895 and this is the best option if you want to have a strong, yet delicious jolt of pure brew. See The Price Here
This is a medium-dark roast and it has notes of dried fruit, almond, and honey without being overly expensive. This is going to be something that will soothe you and will make you feel like you are traveling all over Italy.
Koffee Kult Thunder Bolt Dark Roast
If your preferred brewing method is the French Press, then this is the right bran since it has the traditional taste of French roast.
It is an intense dark French roast that uses only 100% Arabica and the primary notes are smoky and earthy with a sweet aftertaste. It also has a robust flavor so you can taste it long after you finish it.
This is going to be great if you want to grind up your own blend before you put it into the French Press, especially if you want to have the perfect flavor. See The Price Here
Kicking Horse Decaf
There are also going to be some who love their cup of brew, but who don’t want the caffeine kick, especially late at night. This has a strong flavor when it comes to decaf and it is made using fair trade and it is completely organic.
This hasn’t lost the flavor while going through the process to remove the caffeine and it isn’t as robust, but the flavor you get is dark chocolate and toasted hazelnuts. See The Price Here
Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Coffee
If the only type that you will buy is organic this is the right brand and it is extremely affordable and it comes in medium-dark, dark and light roasted and the instructions are written on the bag.
This brand doesn’t use any pesticides or additives into the blend, which means that it is healthy and clean. There are many options that would work for all tastes, so make sure to try them out now. See The Price Here
These are just a few of the top options that you should look at when you are thinking about buying intact kernels for your brewing needs.
Materials Needed for Making Whole Coffee
When you are using the best whole coffee beans there are going to be some materials that you might need. Some of these includes:
Cone or machine
You need to determine how you are going to brew your drink and that means you need to know what machine you would need.
If you want to go for the drip or pour-over, then you are going to need a cone as well or even a French Press.
If you are purchasing them intact, then you are going to need a grinder to make sure you are getting the right texture.
Ensure that you are doing the research to figure out what texture works perfectly for your brewing style, so ensure that the machine you get can easily be changed in terms of grinding size.
If you are going to be using a machine or even the pour-over method, then you need to make sure that you have some filters on hand.
These will make the entire cleanup process easier since you just need to pick up the filter and the grounds and throw them out.
If you aren’t buying them already roasted, then you would need to have on one hand. This would allow you to freshly roast them before you grind them up and put them into your cup.
This also allows you to customize it easily and quickly based on what you like and not what is on offer. Ensure that you have these on hand and that you are picking the right blend that would fit your needs no matter what they are.
These are vital and can help to make your brew as perfect as it possibly can be while you are making it at home.
Whole Coffee Brewing Methods
Brewing is something that you need to do after you have ground the best whole coffee beans into the right textured powder. Here are a few of the top methods for brewing, such as:
This machine can make it easier to make the brew in the morning since you can just add the grounds and then add the water.
However, you can also use a pour-over cone for this as well since you can just leave it to drip while you do something else.
This is going to make you a great cup and you can use fine grounds without worrying about it since the filter will keep them out of the cup no matter what blend you are using.
If you are a professional, then the AeroPress is going to be popular and it can even be something you enjoy when you are ordering at a cafe.
This is going to make some incredible brew while being easy to use and convenient since you can manipulate the water amount, ground coarseness, temperate, and the steeping time.
This is perfect to make any type of brew and you can enjoy your brew without worrying about anything.
If you want something strong or something that is easy to use, then the French Press is the way to go. You are going to want to know
just how long you need to steep the grounds to get the perfect cup since if you leave it for too long or too short of a period, then the brew won’t be as good. This would also be a slower method of brewing since you can add the grounds and then leave it while you are finishing something up.
For those who want something that tastes good and looks good as well, then this is going to be ideal. You can simply use a filter in the cone and then pour water over the grounds and watch it drip slowly into your cup.
This would give you the perfect cup if you know what you are doing, so make sure that you know how much water to pour, how you should pour it, how hot the water is, and much more.
This is perfect if you want to control your cup of brew and if you want something that will give you a deeper flavor.
These are all some great brewing methods and you need to know what they are so that you can ensure that you are using the right one for your morning cup of joe.
Reasons to Enjoy Whole Coffee
If you are considering using best whole coffee beans you need to be aware of some of the top reasons that you should enjoy them, including:
Good source of high level antioxidants
When you are consuming a few cups of the brew, then you are going to be getting antioxidants that are something your body needs.
Make sure that you are getting the right roast level so that the antioxidants can be increased and they can fight off the inflammation from a myriad of chronic diseases like arthritis, cancer, and atherosclerosis.
Another great health benefit of having a few cups every day is that it can help with your short term memory and it can boost it.
The caffeine helps to give the brain the required surges when it comes to remembering and it boosts the areas that focus on concentration as well as memory.
Healthy and liver health
Depending on how many brews you drink, then you are going to see a healthier heart as well as your life.
There are plenty of antioxidants that you are ingesting that would help with keeping your liver and heart-healthy, especially if you are liable to inflammation and other problems.
Helps with depression
Not everyone can deal with depression, but if you have it, then you should have a few cups on a daily basis.
This is important because there is plenty of caffeine that would be able to activate some neurotransmitters in the brand like serotonin and dopamine that can help keep you in a better mood.
You should always ensure that you know the various reasons that having a few cups of a strong brew would help your health.
The more you ingest and consume, then the more your brain would function and the less depressed you are going to be.
Whole Coffee FAQ
When you are dealing with and consuming the best whole coffee beans there are going to be a wide array of questions that you might have.
You need to know what these questions are so that you can make the right decisions for you and your needs, so here are some of the top questions, including:
How long can will it last?
The freshness of your intact items and the grounded powder will start to fade right after the roasted has been completed. This is why it is good to purchase in smaller amounts so that you aren’t losing out on too much flavor.
Try to use the intact ones within 1 to 2 weeks after purchasing and there are plenty of places where you can get what you need without having to worry about anything.
Why should I grind my own mixture?
If you are purchasing them intact, then you are going to want to bring them home and then grind them. This would allow you to roast them right before grinding them up, which keeps the aroma and full flavor preserved.
You can also choose the right texture for the grind based on the brewing method, which means that you can avoid the bitter taste from over-extraction as well.
How can I store my intact pieces?
When you purchase them intact, then you are going to want to know how to store them so that the flavor will remain.
If they are exposed to even a small amount of light, heat, moisture, or even air, then they are going to lose some of their flavors. This is why you should make sure that you are keeping them within an airtight container that is stored at room temperature.
Try not to use a clear canister since you don’t want light coming in or any containers that aren’t airtight. They should also be stored in a dark and cool area to prevent them from getting in touch with the heat.
These are just some of the main questions that you might have that would help you to keep your grinds and intact pieces in the top condition possible.
This would help you to have the perfect flavored cup of brew every day no matter how you are brewing it, especially if you are grinding it daily and storing it in the right manner.
You are going to want to enjoy the best whole coffee beans that the world has to offer and that means that you need to know what they are.
Not only that but the top brewing methods that would fit your needs, which is dependent on what you are looking for and your time availability.
Go ahead and make sure that you are picking the right brand, roast level, and texture for your needs so you can have the perfect cup in the morning or throughout the day.