- 1 Top 10 Best Coffee Makers Under $50
- 2 Why Do You Need a Coffee Maker?
- 3 Benefits of Owning a Coffee maker At Home
- 4 What Are The Different Types of Coffee Makers?
- 5 Factors To Look For In The Best Coffee Maker
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
Finding the best coffee maker is a matter of utmost importance. Indeed, for a lot of people, perhaps including you and members of your family, there is no better way to start your day but to drink a warm cup of good, freshly brewed coffee the moment you get up.
Sure, today you will find Starbucks at the intersection of every road, but there is something special about having that first cup of freshly-brewed coffee while you are still in your jams!
While brewing by yourselves, you get to customize your morning coffee just the way you like it.
You can add the beans you like, add flavors, or perhaps, leave it plain! Moreover, preparing your coffee at home saves you tons of money. Believe us, pros like these are just the tip of the iceberg!
As heavenly as this process is, making coffee is quite simple, provided you are armed with the right coffee maker.
With a legion of options surfacing across the marketplace, these machines carry a bunch of configurations and characteristics, thereby leaving you completely baffled among so many choices.
So, this is your ultimate destination if you are seeking the best coffee maker under $50. Scroll through the article for more!
Top 10 Best Coffee Makers Under $50
- Digital Controls with Rubberized Feel - Large, rubberized buttons give you full control of the coffeemaker, and the easy-read screen displays the clock, brew time, and programming options
- Sneak-a-Cup - This feature temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first cup before brewing ends without making a mess
- 2-Hour Auto Shutoff - For added safety and peace of mind with every use. Volts : 120V/60Hz
- Easy-View Water Window - The front-facing window shows you the exact amount of water that will turn into coffee
- Keep Hot Carafe Plate - The nonstick carafe plate keeps coffee warm for an hour after brewing is complete.. Note: Cup equals approximately 5 oz. (varies by brewing technique)
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab a cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill no more overflows
- Lift and clean filter basket for fast and easy clean up
- Easy cord storage eliminates counter clutter. Watts: 900
- Cord length: 26 inches
- Height: 12.56 inches x width: 11.76 inches x depth: 8.43 inches. Weight: 3.6 pounds
- The Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Coffee Maker makes up to 25 oz. of coffee—perfect for two 12-oz. cups; easy switch with power indicator lights up to show coffee maker is on, or to remind you to shut it off
- Compact design is great for small spaces; updated ergonomic carafe offers easy pouring and handling, and features ounce markings for perfect measuring
- Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause lets you grab a cup before brewing is finished
- Easy-to-view water window allows you to see the exact water level, preventing overflows
- Lift & Clean Filter Basket makes for easy cleanup
- 12-Cup* Thermal Carafe - The large capacity carafe is double-walled and vacuum-sealed to keep your coffee at optimal drinking temperature for hours
- Customizable Brewing Options - Drink your favorite coffee every morning using features like the brew strength selector and the option for small-batch (1-4 cup*) brewing that maintains all the flavor of a full brew
- Evenstream Showerhead - The Evenstream Showerhead dispenses water evenly over the packed coffee, extracting maximum flavor and wasting less
- No-Drip Perfect Pour Spout - Don’t put up with annoying spills, the carafe spout is designed to prevent spills and drips while pouring
- Wide-Mouth Carafe Opening - The carafe is designed with a wide opening for fast, easy cleanup with a damp towel
- Note Cup equals approximately 5 oz (varies by brewing technique)
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling
- Just Brewed thermal carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor. Watts - 1300
- Brews up to 20 percent faster (than competitive units tested) at a hotter temperature of up to 205 for richer taste
- Gold Tone permanent filter eliminates paper filter cost and waste; water filtration helps remove up to 97 percent of chlorine for better tasting coffee.NOTE: The items do not contain a Gold Tone permanent
- Delay Brew feature sets brew time ahead so you can wake up to fresh brewed coffee; Freshness Timer keeps a tab on coffee freshness from the time it's brewed
- FAST BREW TIME: With this single serve coffee maker, you can get fresh coffee at home in 30 seconds from start-to-brew! Depending on your preference, you can experiment with less water for a bolder flavor or more water for a milder taste.
- ONE TOUCH OPERATION: Enjoy coffee house quality, fresher and faster with this powerful yet compact 950-Watt coffee maker. With the one-touch operation you can quickly brew up to 14 oz. of coffee, consistently at the perfect temperature.
- K-CUPS OR GROUNDS: Have your cup of joe how you want it with ultimate versatility to select K-Cups or fresh coffee grounds. Includes reusable filter for use with coffee grounds and loose-leaf tea. Prevent mineral build up by using the self-cleaning feature on this BPA-free coffeemaker.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Narrow profile fits and stores anywhere and can be used to brew coffee on vacations or trips, in dorms, offices, or any size kitchen. Tall enough to use with most 14 oz. travel mugs, you can quickly brew your favorite hot beverages on-the-go!
- RJ14-UB ASSURANCES: CETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide. Power Source: 120 Volts
- Large Capacity - Glass carafe with 60oz capacity, this allows you to brew a large amount of coffee up to 12 full cups, or simply choose 2 or 4 at a time. It has an easy-grip handle for comfortable, drip-free pouring. The dishwasher safe carafe is made of high-quality, non-porous borosilicate glass, which won’t absorb odors, while its superb heat-resistance will keep your coffee hotter for Ionger.
- Permanent Filter - All in one Coffee machine which allows you to wake up to fresh coffee every morning. Eliminate the need to buy costly paper filters as this coffee machine has a permanent filter that can be removed and washed, however filter paper can still be used if you prefer. Savor the flavor in every refill.
- Anti-Drip and Anti-Slip Features - Boasting a built-in smart anti-drip feature, you can ensure that your coffee maker and kitchen counter-top remain clean and tidy. The anti-slip feet firmly support the machine for added safety.
- Keep Warm Function - The handy keep warm function allows you to keep your coffee at a consistent temperature and ready to drink when you are. After your machine has brewed a fresh carafe of coffee, the warming plate will retain heat, keeping the carafe warm until turned off.
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional customer support is always here for you!
- PERFECT FOR 1 OR 2: Brews up to 5 cups of coffee/ 750 milliliter/ 25 fluid ounces
- CONVENIENT: Allows you to pour a cup of coffee while brewing and automatically keeps your coffee warm
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE: Coffee pot with no drip spout, which controls the mess; Easy On/Off button to start brewing and turn off the brewer; And a conveniently located water tank
- MODERN DESIGN: Premium stainless steel finish
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Glass coffee pot, permanent coffee filter and coffee spoon for your daily brewing needs. All are dishwasher safe. Compatible with No.2 coffee filter paper
- Front access for easy filling fill the water tank from the front of the machine, not just the back front-access makes it easy to keep the coffee maker under the cabinet when in use
- Swing out brew basket easier to fill and keep clean than a top load basket. Nonstick hot plate
- Programmable clock set your brew time and strength in advance, and get peace of mind with a 2 hour automatic shutoff
- Automatic pause & serve with no mess pour
- Bold, regular & 1 to 4 cup brewing options while you can make to 12 cups, the 1 - 4 cup option optimizes the brew cycle for smaller servings
- “Keep Hot” Carafe Plate: The nonstick carafe plate keeps coffee warm for up to two hours after brewing is complete, with a useful “time since brewed” timer shown on the display
- QuickTouch Programming: Large, easy-press buttons make it easy to set the clock and program the 24-hour auto brew function. Plus, the seamless control panel wipes clean in no time
- Brew Strength Selector: Choose regular or strong for full carafes, or the 1-4 cup option
- Auto Clean System: Flush out the inner workings to keep the coffeemaker working like new
Why Do You Need a Coffee Maker?
Today, modern-day convenience has become the need of the hour. As brands have evolved, their key objective is to ease our lives, and coffee-making is no different.
For instance, the Capsule machine has transformed the way people drink coffee at home, and it is quite evident. You put a capsule into the machine and, within a minute, get a perfectly brewed, café alike cup of coffee!
From espresso machines to single-cup coffee makers, exploration in the coffee segment has no bounds. Luckily, they do not come at an insanely high price either, and this makes them extremely reliable for your daily dose of caffeine.
If this is not a reason enough to invest in the best coffee maker under $50, here are a few more.
- Best Coffee Grinder For The Money – The Ultimate Guide!
- What To Do With Old Coffee Beans? Don’t Just Throw Them Away!
- Get the Perfect Coffee Roast by Using A Popcorn Popper
- How To Grind Coffee Beans For French Press
- How Would The Roasting Time Of Coffee Beans Affect Caffeine Content?
1) Coffee Makers Prepare The Perfect Espresso
If you have a knack for the beverage, then coffee makers will be your companion through a dull Monday morning. Also, many of these accompany features such as Swivel Frothers, that are ideal for making world-best latte and cappuccino. Read Here: Best Espresso Machines Under $1000
Additionally, some coffee makers also offer self-priming operation functions that make the coffee-making process a lot less complicated.
2) Coffee Makers Help Achieve Coffee Perfection
Coffee machines provide an option that lets you brew espresso and regular coffee through a single machine! Moreover, you also get a variety of options, ranging from manual operation to electric pump versions.
So, you can prepare your coffee, just the way you like it!
3) You Can Purchase a Coffee Maker As Per Your Needs
Third, you can buy the exact machine as per your requirement. Whether you have a family of two or eight, you use it twice a week or every single morning, there is a coffee maker for every unique need!
If you are looking for just a cup to kickstart your day, you can find various one-cup models in the market. If not, you also have coffee makers that can prepare up to 12 cups!
Ultimately, at the price of a single product, you will own a machine that you can use every single day.
Benefits of Owning a Coffee maker At Home
A lot of coffee lovers usually have more than a cup of coffee every day to make it through the morning. However, why spend $6 a day for a coffee fix?
With a coffee maker, you can savor the same experience of a freshly-brewed coffee in the comfort of your home. Have a look at all the major benefits of having the best coffee maker under $50.
1) Health Benefits
In addition to the boost of energy, coffee consumption offers several other health benefits too. Studies show that coffee may help in preventing liver cancer, Alzheimer’s, type 2 diabetes, liver diseases, Parkinson’s, and more.
Furthermore, it is also excellent for your heart.
Additionally, coffee is known to give you a stronger DNA, lessen pain, and guard you against periodontal disease. With myriads of impressive health benefits at a great coffee every day, your coffee maker will keep all the ailments at bay!
Although, remember that excess of anything is injurious to health. So, always ensure to have your brewed coffee in moderation.
2) Cost-saving & Affordable
Like we mentioned earlier, many coffee drinkers do not think twice while unnecessarily splurging those $6 on coffee.
However, if you compare the amount of money you actually end up spending on Starbucks every month to what it takes to get a coffee machine, you will be surprised to know the massive price difference.
Regardless of your preference, an espresso, or a cappuccino with whipped cream, there will always be the best coffee maker under $50 that will meet your needs and save you money.
3) Brewed Coffee Gives a Richer Flavor
Instant coffee offers convenience in preparation. However, a mug of coffee from a coffee maker gives a fuller, deeper, and a more concentrated flavor. Moreover, it carries a distinct aroma that is much fragrant than instant coffee.
Since brewed coffee is made directly from fresh coffee beans, it is certainly much fresher and gives an instant kick to get you started with the day!
4) Large Serving Capabilities
A coffee machine actually shows its worth on days when you have guests coming over. There are various large-sized coffee machines in the market with a capacity of more than ten cups.
Although, the size does not matter much, as long as you can prepare a café-quality cup of coffee for those who fancy a cup!
5) Safety & Consistency
Safety can be a real concern for those who stick to manual coffee makers. Such traditional machines involve the usage of hot water, while steam is fired out of a metal wand.
Therefore, the best way to dodge potential accidents and thereby avoid injury is an investment in an advanced coffee maker.
Moreover, these automated machines are programmed to prepare coffee through certain pre-set applications.
This approach might carve out the “heart” of age-old coffee making. However, this also means that there is no room for errors that novice coffee makers will make!
6) Hassle-Free Coffee Making
The leading brands have revolutionized technology when it comes to coffee makers. Now, you no longer have to grapple with strenuous hours of cleaning your coffee machine.
Most coffee makers today incorporate detachable components that are easy to clean and repair conveniently.
Ultimately, it all boils down to take you to the best coffee maker under $50 that makes life easy for you. Alternatively, you can also go for makers that do not require frequent cleaning.
Without worrying about hygiene, you can keep them aside as they never overspill while the coffee is prepared.
7) Programmable Options
The best coffee maker under $50 will boast the features you will not see in traditional machines. Some of these include warming plates, programmable systems, multiple grind settings, and an automatic shut off.
Additionally, most of them carry an efficient digital control feature that helps you to program the grinder in diverse settings. Using a coffee maker will save you a lot of time and effort. It also gives you the choice of controlling the strength of your coffee.
With your preferred kick of caffeine at an arm’s length, getting a coffee maker will become one of the wisest decisions ever made!
What Are The Different Types of Coffee Makers?
Nothing is as magical as waking up to a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Unless you taste it, you would never know why the world is thrilled about owning a coffee maker.
However, each kind comes with its own set of characteristic features and varies from the price to flavor. To decode the gigantic market of the best coffee makers under $50, have
a look at all the types of coffee makers, and what you can expect from each.
1) Non-electric Brewers
Although electric coffee makers provide unquestionable convenience, they also occupy a lot of space at your countertop. Non-electric brewers, on the other hand, including pour-over, French press, and stovetop pots own a much lesser footprint and fit well in a cabinet.
Furthermore, the French press and pour-over machines require hot water to prepare coffee. Thus, you will have to boil it in a separate pot or keep an electric kettle handy.
On the contrary, stovetop espresso makers boil in the pot itself. Each of these models is easy to use, and a majority of coffee aficionados favor the taste of French press over others.
2) Electric Drip Coffee Makers
Electric drip coffee machines make the coffee-making a piece of cake. Whether you prefer to purchase pre-ground beans or grind them by yourselves, they let you choose your own beans.
Furthermore, you can also mix your own preferred blend by adding more or fewer coffee grounds to alter the strength of your brew.
While the market is brimming with easy to use coffee makers with simple units, there is a wide range of more complex ones that carry advanced options, features, and adjustments.
3) Single-serve Machines
Single-serve coffee makers that use capsules are well-known for their ease of usage since they do not involve any hassle with coffee grounds.
To operate the machine, you simply have to pop in the capsule and brew. Some machines are equipped to read the information on the capsule, thereby setting a custom temperature.
The others let you moderate your own cup size and temperature. Although single-serve machines are simple to use, they end up creating more packaging waste for every cup.
Moreover, most of these machines mandate the use of proprietary supplies. However, you can also fetch a special cup through different manufacturers to use your own mix of grounds.
4) Espresso Machines
The best espresso machines vary from affordable models to high-end ones to meet every espresso aficionado’s needs. They are manufactured in a bunch of styles, such as pod machines and stovetop models.
Whether you want your favorite coffee every day, or a cup of espresso occasionally, these machines are made to match your lifestyle.
In addition to the usual machines that are dedicated to preparing regular espresso, you will also find hybrid coffee makers that brew both – coffee and espresso.
By purchasing these, you would no more need two separate machines for your caffeine intake.
5) Cold Brew Coffee Makers
Cold brew coffee makers fit in an altogether different category of brewing, considering their use of cold water. Sometimes, this water can even be ice cold to extract the most flavor out of ground beans.
On using more water and less coffee, cold brew coffee makers produce ready to drink coffee, either heated or cold. One great advantage of cold-brewed coffee is that it tastes less bitter and is less acidic than traditionally brewed coffee.
The only downside to this machine is their 24-hour long sleeping time, required to produce cold brew coffee. Hence, you will have to plan well ahead of time before preparing it.
However, you can brew your coffee in a large quantity and refrigerate it for two weeks to go.
Factors To Look For In The Best Coffee Maker
The key to making smart decisions in relation to the best coffee maker under $50 is, to begin with, a simple question. “How do I like my coffee?”
The kind of coffee drinker you are determines the product you should go for. So, here are some crucial factors you must mull over before investing in a coffee maker.
The greatest aspect of the best coffee maker under $50, is that it comes in all shapes and sizes. Are you seeking a hands-off experience while preparing your coffee in the morning?
Do you expect the coffee to wait for you after waking up? Or, is the daily ritual of brewing coffee every day something you await?
To meet all such needs, there are programmable coffee makers in the market that can have the coffee ready. Moreover, some less automated coffee makers might need more attention, but function well at the push of some buttons.
Manual coffee makers, on the other hand, require your complete attention to get that perfect cup of joe!
Depending on how you like it, you can go completely tech-savvy with the best coffee maker under $50. Or, you can leave some coffee-making work for yourself!
While espresso machines and coffee makers are separate entities with distinct functions, hybrid machines that prepare both are readily available.
If you like experimenting with your daily dose of caffeine, the best option is to invest in a hybrid coffee maker. Otherwise, having two different machines will end up occupying massive space on the countertop.
Hybrid machines, on the other hand, take a lot less space. Moreover, they will not burn a hole in your pocket either, since they cost less than what you would pay for two machines.
However, if you have got your priorities straight, and know the kind of coffee that best floats your boat, then go for single-function machines.
These are best at what they do, and can perfectly prepare the traditional cappuccino or espresso you are looking for.
3) Brew Size
From a single cup for yourself to a family-pack carafe, the best coffee maker under $50 will brew the right amount. Some machines provide a wider spectrum of brew sizes, while the others are limited to a narrower degree of options.
Single-cup coffee makers are ideal for people who live by themselves. Additionally, these would be ideal for places where each person likes a different style or flavor of the coffee.
These coffee makers are also great for homes where everybody possesses a different routine.Large-quantity coffee makers, on the other hand, are appropriate for households where people love sipping multiple coffee cups.
Furthermore, they are great if you are having a brunch with the neighbors, sitting for family breakfasts, or having guests over! For larger events, you can always find a commercial-sized coffee maker that brews sufficient coffee for small gatherings.
If you have avid coffee drinkers at home who do not mind multiple cups throughout the day, you want to opt for the best coffee maker under $50 that carries a thermal carafe. Its primary function is to keep your coffee hot, no matter what time it is.
For people who just need their java in the morning, a coffee maker holding a warming plate does the job. Although, sometimes, it does leave a burnt taste to your coffee if left for too long.
For families that are in a rush to head to work in the morning, pod coffee makers can make you a quick cup without worrying whether you have turned them off, or not.
The size of a coffee maker does not govern the kind of coffee it prepares. Yet, if your newly-bought machine does not fit where you need it, it can cause you a headache.
Therefore, before getting your hands at one, always ensure that you measure its dimensions accurately.
Also, take into account the space you need to open the top of the coffee maker, for adding grounds and water. For single-cup machines, always consider your mug size, since most larger mugs fail to fit underneath the coffee brewer.
6) Customized Brewing Options
The basic coffee makers usually offer no selections, apart from adding more or lesser grounds. On the contrary, complicated machines let you decide the brew strength, water temperature, and a broad range of brew sizes.
Usually, simple machines are highly affordable, and you can never go wrong with them due to their ease of use. But, if you love experimenting with your morning coffee, you should go ahead with advanced coffee makers with more options.
7) Additional Features
Some coffee makers expand their reach beyond brewing options and carry an array of features that make your coffee-making experience worthwhile.
Many expensive models, for instance, carry audible alerts after the completion of the brewing process. Also, a majority of these machines include lights to signify whether it is working or not.
Moreover, high-end machines also include features such as bean grinding, milk frothing, and even notify when they require cleansing. The only downside is that with a stream of advanced features, their pricing reaches the sky.
So, as long as you do not mind a hefty price tag, you must look whether your best coffee maker under $50 carries such features, or not.
Do detachable filters reduce the durability of coffee makers if removed frequently?
No, removable filters are strictly installed to increase the convenience of the user. They help you conduct a thorough cleaning of the filters and your coffee machine.
The durability of the best coffee maker under $50 will depend on other factors, but not the filters.
Can you pour milk directly into a coffee maker?
While some coffee makers do carry this facility, we recommend that you go through the manual before proceeding with it. However, if you add the milk after brewing your coffee, this will not make any difference whatsoever.
How important is a workable grinder in coffee makers?
Very important! The best coffee maker under $50 will produce excellent coffee, provided the grinder does its job perfectly. An incompetent grinder can destroy the flavor of your beans, and you must dodge it at all costs.
A great grinder will transform your coffee experience remarkably, leaving it more delicious and flavorful.
Pushing yourselves out of bed is probably the hardest part of the day. But, waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee makes it much easier. Literally and figuratively, coffee is the sweetest creation in the world!
If you have only survived on Starbucks for years and want to start from scratch, getting the best coffee maker will be the best decision ever made! These machines are compact, stylish, dynamic, and will steal the spotlight on your kitchen counter instantly!
We hope that through this article, you are now armed with all the intricacies of coffee makers. Now that you have all the information at hand choose the best coffee maker for yourselves, and get brewing!